To my wonderful friends... yeah, you!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I just wanted to thank you all for being such a compassionate and caring group of people. Things have been so difficult for me that there are days that it takes everything in my power to make it through to tomorrow. Yet, I come on here an you are all here with so much caring, love and advice.

I belong to a few on line groups, but none compare to all of you. I'm so sorry that it takes something so awful like this disease to bring us all together.

On that note, I think I'll go take a nap. We're in the process of getting a snow storm and I hurt, as usual and I'm tired. We're expecting about 8 inches of snow. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere the rest of today (I did my errands this morning... couldn't run out of meds!)and I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. I just need to get some laundry done and try to prepare for the work week ahead. Oh, how I dread it.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

havent seen much of you lately.

How's your job going???????

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and get plenty of rest.

love
    Rosie
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Even though you don't feel like coming on to talk that often, you are still in my thoughts.

I remember those days that I could just barely make it home from work and when I finally got home, I just wanted to die (not literally) because the pain and fatigue were so bad.

I hope you find a job that you like soon, or better yet, I hope you can figure out some way to not have to work sooner!

I have been so fortunate that I was able to take early retirement at age 48, and then get SSDI at 49.

Take care of yourself.

Much love,
    Janet
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I hope that you wake up from your nap feeling refreshed. I know you need the rest!

I am off to do the same... because it takes me FOREVER to type a line on here! I am in a BAD fog today.

MAri
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm sorry that things have been so difficult. I just wanted to say, take care and I hope you can have a day of really resting and relaxing.
    Thanks for checking in.

Kathy.
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

snow snow go away! come to califoria and enjoy the sunshine...

hope as is well w/you

jodie
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'll say some prayers for you.I hope your work week will be of minimal stress.Linda
  8. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Thank you for the well wishes for me to be able to cope with my job.

I don't like the job, but the worst part is I was supposed to be hired on full time during the middle of March and the idiot accountants that I work for have decided that they can't rationalize keeping me on full time after the 15th of April. They don't feel there is enough work to justify paying me during the slow time. Gee, they really should have thought about that when they were interviewing me. I was flat out lied to. I was told from the agency that this was a "great opportunity" and that I could "grow with the firm". All of that is a bunch of crap. I've since found out they let 3 women go last year and kept only one. She doesn't understand why they would let me go, but I was told this outright from one of the accountants. It's not my imagination. The worst part is that jobs are hard to find. One thing that was nice (or is nice) is that when 5:00pm rolls around, I can leave and forget about the job.

What really gets me is that I had a full time job. I didn't like it, but at least it was full time. I was fooled into believing this was going to be full time and permanent and then they pull this crap???!!!

It's hard enough that I have to work full time in order to survive, but then to have that ripped out from under me makes me so angry. Oh, and the added stress does not help my pain and fatigue. I want to stay in bed and pull the blankets over my head and pretend the world doesn't exist... sadly, it does. If I had stayed at the other job, I would have health insurance (that I don't have to pay the full amount for) and I would have been paid for a few of the holidays such as Christmas and New Year's. I was lied to and believed the lies saying that this was a much better opportunity. It makes me very angry and now I've got to see if I have any recourse. The lady at the employment agency must know something is going on because she isn't even returning my calls. I'm about ready to go "camp out" on her doorstep until she does see me.

It isn't even fair that no one has given me a firm decision one way or the other. The accountants said it was "most likely" that they would not hire me on as a permanent employee. Most likely???? When is someone going to tell me? I look in the paper, but the jobs are few and far between

Sorry. I needed to vent. It's hard enough to have to work full time (and can't take a day off at all, no matter how sick I am because I can't afford to) but to leave me hanging like this is just mean.

I can't take a day off because I can't afford to. Each day I wonder if that day will be the one that I lose my home.

I hate to say it, but I have lost faith and hope. The past few years have been the most difficult for me. I don't know where I would be without my older brother.

Thank you all again just for being here.
    Tigger
  9. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

that I could wave a magic wand and make all your troubles go away, I really do. Mostly, I wish you didn't have to work, you sound so sick. You are in my thoughts....Love, Marie
  10. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i also just want to say how lucky i feel to have found this board! all the people i have found here and what they share is what i beleive is what has kept me sane through one of the worst times of my life. thank you all!
    rachel
  11. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I know that once I was promised a significant raise if I worked with a company for a certain amount of time. One manager was relocating to Florida, and another was taking over, so I asked the original manager to remind the new manager about his promise. He smiled and said he would.

The next day, he was gone, and the new manager fired me the first moment of the day. (A really nice guy, and still a man I consider a friend -- when I have a chance to see him; but he was left with orders to fire me and felt horrible doing it.)

They had a valid reason: Another location closed, so it was first in, first out for assistant managers. But it was still deceitful and financially devastating to me. Right up till the end, the led me to believe my raise was just around the corner, which also gave me a false sense of job security, so I know exactly how you feel :(.

Still, I am so glad to see you are back :)! We were really getting worried about you. My family will be thinking of you and praying for you.
  12. tigger57 its so sweet of you to say those kind words to me (us) bless you.
    yes this site is the best by far,and it wouldnt be the best without the.. kind/ lovely/ sweet/ compassinate /internet family members.
    rest well tigger,see you soon my friend.

kind regards
    fran xx
  13. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I dont know what it's like in the States in general but in the UK more and more jobs are contract jobs, temporary basis only, people just dont have the security they once had.

Thats so unfair that they did that to you, led you on like that but seems par for the course with lots of places.

I hope you find something worthwhile soon.

love
    Rosie