To Nanie46

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by isiselixir, Nov 14, 2009.

1. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I am wondering about Igenex... do I just make a doctor's visit and ask him to order Igenex for me or do I need to bring the test request forms in??? Also he is a Kaiser doctor I hope he will be open to doing a test outside of Kaiser.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

go to and order a free test kit via customer or call.

the kit will contain a dr order form. Take it with you and Ask the Dr to order test #188 and #189, western blot IgG and IgM.

You will have to prepay with check or credit card.

Explain that this is a tick borne specialty lab and that since lyme testing is quite unreliable, Igenex has the best methods and include 10 IgG bands and 10 IgM bands.

Other labs only test for 3 IgM bands and 10 IgG bands.....very poor.

Igenex also includes 2 strains of borrelia instead of just one like other labs.

Get blood drawn on a Mon or Tues morning and it will be fedex's via 2 day fedex to Igenex.

Takes about 2 weeks for results.

Get a copy of your results from your Dr.

Do not take immune supressing drugs or antibiotics within about 2 weeks before Igenex if any questions.

Post you individual band results.

Many, many people with lyme have officially CDC negative western blots....including me.

You are really looking for clues through lyme specific 7 of Dr B's paper that I posted before.

Also read this info re: western blots....

Remember....very important....a negative test DOES NOT RULE OUT LYME.