To Nyrofan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debthereb, Nov 14, 2006.

1. debthereb

debthereb New Member

Thanks for taking time to write to me, i wanted to reply as we have something in common, alcoholic parents. I was raised between Kuwait and London along with my 2 brothers,one of which is mentally and physically handicapped as my mother was drinking heavily during the pregnancy. I wonder if the alcohol consumption during pregnancy can also cause things like FM. My parents died in their early sixties due to alcohol,i was lucky i was not abused, just had to put up with their constant drinking. Needless to say i don't drink at all.
    Isn't this amazing ? We have a lot in common yet so far apart, New York and Corfu Greece. I look forward to further communication with you. By the way what's it like living in Brooklyn ? I have this romantic idea about it, and i love the accents !!
    I tried Prozac and it slowed my heart down too much, so i have to go back to the doc and find something else. I have this fear that i will not tolerate any drug,have to do loads of blood tests,again.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Yes, isn't wonderful having two alcoholic parents? Such abuse and we probably have loads in common because of this.

I left home as soon as I got out of high school. I went to college and when I graduated began teaching 12th grade English in NYC.

Like you, I do not drink. I had a a scare and I brought it to the board here. I started drinking some beer at night to help ease up the pain more. It got out of hand and the girls here mentioned that I should go to AA.

Of course, I went and I stopped the beer, but the members wanted me to drop all narcotics given to me for pain. Needless to say I left the group and went to doc with the problem. A change of meds to something stronger was really the best option and he told me to always call him if I have anymore problems.

Brooklyn Heights is nice and laid back. And I will never give up my house since I have been so happy here. Also the stores and bank are close by.

Well, you certainly have an exciting life. I can only imagine how beautiful the areas you live in can be.

I wish we could exchange e-mails, and I think there is a process here about using the moderators (or someone else)to manage that.

My parents died in their 70s. Both were from cancer.

Oh my: I am writing a book here.

Yes, lets stay in touch.

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

bump (for Deb)
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

[ advertisement ]