To Participate In CFS Awareness Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoenixrising2, May 10, 2006.

1. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

You can go to the CFIDS Association web site and click on the grass roots action center. Click on that and it will take you to the Action Alert page. It has four Virtual Lobby Day actions. Click on each one and follow what it says.

They make it easy for you as they already have the form letters and you can find out the congressional leaders, senators, representatives, Secretary of Health Leavitt and your local media's e-mail addresses there also. You can add a little of the personal stuff you want about you, or not, as you see fit.

I did all of this today and I should have done it sooner.

I just got a call from the editor of our newspaper and he is going to put the letter I sent him on the Letters to the Editor page. It is quite lengthy and I was excited.

Where I live, there is virtually nothing known about CFS and this form letter from the CFIDS Association is very informative. I added a little bit about my experiences with the disease and that it was recognized by the World Health Organization as myalgic encephalomyelitis before the CDC named it Chronic Fatige Syndrome in 1988.

Cheers,
    Phoenix
  2. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I will do this. You can also go to congress.org and with a few simple clicks, you can e-mail a letter to your states representatives and the President. We should all do this.
  3. cerise

cerise New Member

May 12th International Awareness Day was founded by Tom Hennessy in 1992. He chose May 12th because it was Florence Nightingale's birthday and it was believed that she too suffered with this DD.

Tom is the founder and president of RESCIND, INC. which stands for
    REPEAL
    EXISTING
    STEREOTYPES about
    CHRONIC
    IMMUNOLOGICAL &
    NEUROLOGICAL
    DISEASES

To find out more about International Awareness Day for ME/CFS, FM, GWS, MCS go to RESCIND's web site at www.geocities.com/capitolhill/4277.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I did this yesterday. It was real easy. Please do this everyone.