To Patricia from E. Tn.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diggity, Oct 7, 2002.

1. diggity

diggity New Member

I was rereading your post on the "affects our neighbors" post and I have a question. You said that the doc in Vonore is into guafenisen and that you are not ready for that. Can you tell me more? What is guafenisen, how does the doc say it helps, and why are you "not ready for that"? Is it dangerous? I'm not sure what you mean when you say you are not ready for that. The reason I ask is that I was talking to a lady from my town the other day who goes to this doc, she told me she has been using the (med?) and that she is getting better. She told me however that the doc requires that he be your only doc etc. and I thought some of the requirements that he has are a little strange. She also said that when using this stuff that you have to eat certain foods and even use certain shampoos and soaps. It just sounds a little strange to me. What do you know about this stuff? I had never heard of it until this lady, and now you, talked about it.

diggity
  2. diggity

diggity New Member

I was rereading your post on the "affects our neighbors" post and I have a question. You said that the doc in Vonore is into guafenisen and that you are not ready for that. Can you tell me more? What is guafenisen, how does the doc say it helps, and why are you "not ready for that"? Is it dangerous? I'm not sure what you mean when you say you are not ready for that. The reason I ask is that I was talking to a lady from my town the other day who goes to this doc, she told me she has been using the (med?) and that she is getting better. She told me however that the doc requires that he be your only doc etc. and I thought some of the requirements that he has are a little strange. She also said that when using this stuff that you have to eat certain foods and even use certain shampoos and soaps. It just sounds a little strange to me. What do you know about this stuff? I had never heard of it until this lady, and now you, talked about it.

diggity
  3. Patricia

Patricia New Member

Hello Diggity:
    It has been a while since I looked into Guafenisen. I have a friend who is taking it from the DR in Vonore and she says that it helps, but she is also getting a Massage for $45.00 a week, so I wonder guafenisen is really helping or the Massage!
    It is an ingredient in come cough medicines and you can't have any aspirin products. It is claimed by the Dr who discovered it, that you have too much Phospforus and my friend said she can feel it leaving her body when she takes the Guafenisen! Put it in Google and it will take you to the information on it.
    I just don't have that much confidence in it and don't want to give up all the supplements and products to try it!
    Patricia