To Peach

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starstella, Mar 10, 2003.

1. starstella

starstella New Member

Saw your question on another thread about rock hard muscles. You are probably having so many muscle spasms that your muscles are in a constant state of contraction. Does your doc have you on any meds to help muscle spasms?
  2. PEACH

PEACH New Member

HELLO STELLA: THANKS FOR THE REPLY AND IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION MY DOCTOR HAS GIVEN ME SOME LORAZAPAM BUT HE GAVE THAT TO ME TO HELP WHEN I HAEV BREAK THROUGH PAIN. I MIGHT ADD THAT I HAVE A DOCTOR THAT DOESN KNOW DIDDLY SWATT ABOUT FIBRO AND THE ONLY THING HE HAS EVER GIVEN ME WITH REGUARDS TO FIBRO IS A WEB SITE THAT SELLS SEAWEED BATH CRYSTAL. I HAVE BEEN TO 32 DOVTORS SO FAR BUT SEEINGS HOW I AM A WORKERS COMP CASE I JUST SEEM TO BE GETTTING ASSESMENTS AND LITTLE TREATMENT. I AM AT PRESENT ON A TRAIL OF A TENS UNIT AND WAS IN POOL THERAPHY BUT I WAS TAKEN OUT WHEN I STARTED HAVING THE HARD MUSCLE AND EXTRA PAIN IN MY LEGS. I JUST HAD A SLEEP STUDY DONE ON MAR 11TH AND WILL GET THE RESULTS ON THE 26TH OF MARCH. I HAVE BEEN TO A PAIN MANAGEMENT GROUP BUT THAT CAUSED MORE PAIN SUE TO TRAVEL TO GET THERE. I LIVE IN A RURAL AREA OF SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO CANADA SO ANYTHING I DO I MUST TRAVEL AND THAT ALWAYS PROVOKES THE SCIATICA PAIN RIGHT BACK TO SQUARE ONE. MY MEDS I USE FOR PAIN IS THE DURAGESIC PAIN PATCH 75 MSG AND ALSO 15 MG REMERON FOR THE DEPRESSION. SO YOU ASK AND NOW I HAVE TOLD...LOL
    I FIND THIS WEB SITE HARD TO LOCATE MESSAGES SO IF YOU REPLY TO ME WITH PEACH IN THE TITLE I WILL PROBABLY FIND YOUR REPLY.
    LOVE PEACH
  3. starstella

starstella New Member

you said you were a workman's comp case. do you have a back injury? that can cause lots of problems elsewhere in the body.
    I have been fortunate to have access to various health care providers and have had lots of physical therapy. I have learned much about pain caused by tight muscles from the physial therapist.
    at one point my calf muscles were so tight it was hard to walk, especially when i got up in the morning. i had lots of massage to my legs an lower back which helped to loosen them up, but they still get tight very easily and i have some very painful spots in different areas of my calf muscles. the physical therapist suggested that i could massage these areas myself by using a rolling pin. so, when i do my nightly stretches, sometimes i put the rolling pin on the floor and roll my lower leg over it. its not a miracle cure but it does help.
  4. PEACH

PEACH New Member

DEAR STARSTELLA: THANKS FOR THE ANSWER TO MY POST. YESURDAY I GOT SOME BAD NEWS AGAIN. MY PT TOLD ME AFTER A TRIAL OF A TEN UNIT THAT ONLY SEEMED TO MAKE THINGS WORSE THAT HE WAS DONE WITH ME THAT HE COULDN'T HELP ME. I WAS SO UPSET AS THIS WAS HEALTH PROFESSIONAL NUMBER 32 AND THAT IS NOW WHAT I WILL CLL HIM #32. I HAVE TRIED THE WARM POOL PT 2X AND CRHONIC PAIN MANAGEMENT AND STILL RECIEVE COUNCELLING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO NOW EXCEPT FOR WHAT THE COMP GUY SAID I HAVE TO DO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT. I DID TRY MASSAGE ONCE AND MAY TRY THAT AGAIN BUT COMP ONLY PAYS 14 DOLLARDS OF THE TOTAL COST LIKE ANYONE WOULD DO A MASSAGE FOR THAT PRICE. ANYWAY AS YOU CN PROBABLY TELL I AM PRETTY DEPRESSED BY THIS NEWS AND NOT SURE WHAT I WILL DO NEXT.
    SINCERELY PEACH