To Peachums; re; your shi-tzu

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fifthofanickel, Apr 13, 2009.

1. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

She probably smells the stuff & that's why she won't eat it. My dogs do the same. So I hollow out a wieny or bratwurst, put the medicine in there, let it sit for awhile for the meat to absorb in the medicine, then they can't smell it..At least that works for my two.

I tried everything to get them to take their medicine, ie; heartgard, deworming, etc. & no go w/the dogfood, so came up w/this.

Also I fry up some chicken burger that comes in a tube & mix it in w/some boiled rice..That will absorb the meds also..They gobble it right up.

I know this isn't "kosher" w/applying eye drops, but what I do is; measure out the am't into the dropper, judge how much it is, then put it in a small cotton wad, press it into the side of her upper nose, so it will run into her eye. That way she won't see the dropper coming at her. Mine always tho't I was going to poke them w/it.

These are just ways I do things. Hope some of them help you. I try anything I can to help them. They are so loving & love us unconditionaly....I too, would be crying if that was happening to one of my "babies".....

Best of luck & I'll say a little "doggy prayer" for her...
  2. peachums

peachums Member

Gracie is in the hospital right now so hopefully- they will fix her up!
    As for her medicine- the problem is the food is the medicine!! It is Hills diet s/d and she is only allowed to eat this food. I am not suppose to mix it with anything. I think her problem is that she knows our other dog is getting a new wet food and she wants it!!

As for the eye drops-- that is not a bad idea!! I have a call in to the vet now to see what is the long term solution to this glacoma. I am praying they will fix it up and I just have to keep an eye on it.

Thanks so much for caring-- I have to admit I feel better with her in the hospital. At least I know she is getting good care.
  3. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

Oh, she's on the S/D diet...Is there a reason for this, such as her health or something? I'm just wondering why she's on that...I can understand why she doesn't like it. I know of some dog owners that have tried that food & their dogs hate it. Just wondering..

So happy she's getting some help...I wish you both all the best.

4. peachums

peachums Member

My little dog has bladder stones, glacoma, impacted anal glands, skin allergies and a pitbull mentality!
    She has been quite sick lately.
    Thanks so much for your concern. It is appreciatied.