To Pepper - Re Detoxing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pianowoman, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have remembered a recipe for a detox foot bath that my Doctor gave me. It may well be as effective as the foot pads and it is certainly cheaper.
    It is : 1 tsp sea salt and 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 20 parts water. Make the water as hot as you can stand. Soak for 20 min. I know it works for me since I get herxing symptoms from it!
    I'm not sure if you ordered the foot pads or not.If you did, I would be interested in hearing what you think. I have found a Toronto source for them.

Take Care
    Kathy.
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

My husband talked me into waiting to order the foot pads after the end of the month. Too little $$$$ coming in right now.

I did talk to my CFS doctor about them and he thinks that there is certainly something to them since he has heard of many people who experienced the same thing that karatelady experienced, ie. dark in the morning and gradually lightening over time.

He thought they were a good idea but if I go ahead and get the solo sauna (waiting for the $$$ for that too) I wouldn't need them. I thought that getting them until I can afford the sauna might be a good idea.

I am interested in the Toronto source. I have ordered so many things from the U.S. that end up costing me a fortune - first the exchange and the S & H and then Customs always dings me with more - and there is never any telling how much until they get to the door.

So ordering from Canada would be my first choice. I would appreciate hearing about this!

Thanks so much.
    Pepper
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I received a flyer from Supplements Plus and there they were! They seem more expensive than the USA ones but I did a bit of calculating and with all the extra charges, they were certainly no more expensive and possibly less. They are on sale until Feb 4.They are called Netterumani Ezee Detox Feet Pads.
    I don't think I can give the website but you can search it or search their phone at Canada 411. There are 3 stores in Toronto. If I find any other sources, I will let you know.
    In the meantime, I would suggest trying the foot soak.
    I think I will try them and will give you an opinion after. They say that you only need 6-12 days but with us, who knows!!

Cheers
    Kathy.
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am going to look into it. Meanwhile I will use the foot bath that my husband bought me for Christmas one year. I never use it so this would be a good reason to!

Keep us posted if you do get the foot pads.

Cheers!
    Pepper
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I live nearby, I'll take it off your hands. I've wanted one for years, seriously, I'll have to put it on my gift list one year.

Just add lemon juice to your footbath. Because the pores in our feet are so big, and feet sweat, often more than any part of the body (mine do anyway), the feet are a major source of detoxicification. Lemon is a gentle detox aid, like Stormy's aloe/lemon mix in the morning for bowels. I just use a good dolop of the cheapo Real-lemon juice in water as hot as I can take it.

It takes away the painful sore feet I get after shopping. You know, the chemical detox pain, not so much from being on them. I also noticed the lemon has the added bonus of smelling lovely, and since I'm chemically sensitive, the pleasure of fragrances is no longer part of my life, so it's a BIG bonus for me. A little like aroma therapy. Feels and smells heavenly.

Jeanne
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

Thanks, Jeanne. My DH will be happy that not only am using the footbath but I smell like lemons too!

Pepper