To Pepper re; feedback about candida in alcoholic families

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tired42long, Oct 3, 2002.

1. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hi pepper (and anyone else that may have input), I was just looking back at a post I made re; alcoholism in families. I really didn't mean to post regarding an "emotional" or depression/stressor tie to our diseases (even though I know it sure doesn't help us), but the CHEMICAL changes in family background that could predispose a person to this or other abnormal bodily function (enzyme/vitamin deficiency, etc). I find it interesting that so many of us can't tolerate alcohol and that is one thing, among other sugars, antibiotics, etc. that seems to bring on the systemic candida. It is interesting, because my dad is alcoholic, and his grandfather was. You hear so much about the mothers genes and esp. during pregnancy what can be transferred and/or locked into a childs genetic code. Like the fact that "old" eggs in a woman of later age pregnancy increases the chances of down syndrome...etc. I wonder what could possibly be transferred by parents genetically....they say some of this runs in families. You have to wonder if it's environmental or medical. What in the alcoholic family predisposes one to have more of the Candida? I hope you can direct me to a site with info. Thanks Pepper, eileen
  2. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hi pepper (and anyone else that may have input), I was just looking back at a post I made re; alcoholism in families. I really didn't mean to post regarding an "emotional" or depression/stressor tie to our diseases (even though I know it sure doesn't help us), but the CHEMICAL changes in family background that could predispose a person to this or other abnormal bodily function (enzyme/vitamin deficiency, etc). I find it interesting that so many of us can't tolerate alcohol and that is one thing, among other sugars, antibiotics, etc. that seems to bring on the systemic candida. It is interesting, because my dad is alcoholic, and his grandfather was. You hear so much about the mothers genes and esp. during pregnancy what can be transferred and/or locked into a childs genetic code. Like the fact that "old" eggs in a woman of later age pregnancy increases the chances of down syndrome...etc. I wonder what could possibly be transferred by parents genetically....they say some of this runs in families. You have to wonder if it's environmental or medical. What in the alcoholic family predisposes one to have more of the Candida? I hope you can direct me to a site with info. Thanks Pepper, eileen
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

..cause depressed mood.Alcoholism is an illness of low serotonin, just like FMS and several others. Nothing raises the serotonin level faster than sugars. Alcohol is loaded with sugar and numbs pain, both emotinal and physical as well. When alcoholics go on the wagon, they often start binging on sugar loaded foods, hence all the cokes and donughts at AA meetings. Some in OA (overeaters Anon) believe that one can inherit an addiction to sugar from an alocholic parent. Eating large amts. of sugars leads to candida. If you already have candida overgrowth and the resulting fermentation bubbles in your blood, a tiny amt. of alcohol can make you feel very sick-drunk, hence alcohol intolerance. Hope this helped.
    Klutzo
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

Klutzo explained it very well.

When I went to my wonderful doctor he explained it as she did. He said the craving for alcohol is similar to the craving for sugar because alcohol reacts as sugar in the body. When you inherit this gene you can crave one or the other but they both contribute to candida (and the cravings are probably caused by candida somehow too!) What a vicious circle.

There are so many of us here with candida that I think that it is not a coincidence that a lot of us have alcoholism in our backgrounds!

My doc said although his dad and siblings crave alcohol, he has always craved yeast breads and sugar - just like me and many of us on this board! This is something we can control so I am working on it.

Pepper

[ advertisement ]