To Pianowoman

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Oct 28, 2005.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for writing. I am a pianowoman too...played for an Octubafest last night...I accompanied 7 tubas!

But, seriously, can you tell me about the infrared sauna? I've heard of this but don't know anything about it. Does it help your fatigue? Thanks again....Terri
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Terri,
    The infrared sauna uses a heat energy that penetrates the tissues and triggers mobilization of toxins from the body. You can use a much lower temp. and therefore it is better tolerated.

I have been using it off and on for over a year. I started slowly and worked up. My ND is monitoring me. It does cause one to sweat a lot after about 20 min. I also take an electrolyte mix and drink lots of water when I have a sauna.
    As for the effects, yes, I am better but it is a slow process.I tested high for Mercury and it seems to hold on , leaving the body slowly. My pain is significantly better and my energy is improving. My Doc. said yesterday that I look better, I have more color in my face and others have said that I seem brighter.

I am doing some other treatments too and of course have had my fillings replaced. I think that often a combined approach can be helpful.

There is really good information about detoxing, including the sauna in Sherry Rogers book 'Detoxify or Die'; love the title!! However, all her books are very good.

Sorry this is so long but I hope it is helpful. Ask any other questions you want.

Best of luck

Kathy.
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for responding...do you own your own infrared? Or do you go to the doc's office for your treatments?

My son looks pale and tired lately....sounds like he could use a treatment! Terri
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Terri!
    I go to my Doctor's office for my treatments. Some here own theirs. You could do a search and see what comes up. Right now, I prefer to be monitored.

It will likely take your son a while to get over all of this. The dental work itself is a trauma to the body. I was very tired for some weeks. Then the detoxing is making the body work as well. It all takes energy. If you can find a sauna, it will certainly help. My Doc. says that her people who are using it are improving.

All the best. Don't know if I could accompany 7 tubas!!

Kathy.

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Luckily, I didn't have to play for them all together...the sound would have been deafening!! Take care, Terri