to PLBARTEL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sue50, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I went to my chronic illness support group on tuesday night. I was just wondering if you talked to the group leader and are you still interested in joining? We would love to have you.
    Sue
  2. plbartel

plbartel New Member

Hi there sorry I didnt get your message sooner! yes ,I am interested in your group, I called the church today (how ironic)to find out when you meet and then I got online and saw your post. Im just a mess right now and have been avoiding people. I have so many problems and am a little scared and intimidated I guess. I have social anxiety really bad and that keeps me from doing alot as well. I have Fibro, Cfs, a mixed diagnoses of "Bipolar 2/borderline tendancies". My Doc and therapist just dont know what to do with me anymore. Ive tried every anti-depressant there is .they usually make me worse and I get lots of side effects. I wanted to saty on cymbalta but It made my pain worse instead of better :{. It help slightly w/depression though. They want to try moodstabilizers now but Im scared to death of the side effects I read. Lamictal is the one they want to try. My doc says hes not comfortable( not his expertise) but my therapist says she wants me to try it. So what a place to be..in the middle. On top of that my marriage is falling apart..were in couseling, but Im not sure if it can save us. sorry about the lengthy post..hopefully I will muster up the strength to get to a meeting soon. Maybe next week? Do people dress casual? Thanks for the reply/invite, it means alot. Penny
  3. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

we dress very casual, I wear my sweat pants because they are the most comfortable thing I own. Last week there were only 4 of us. You can talk when you want or don't talk at all, it is a very understanding group of people.
    We meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month. Our group leader is awesome, I feel cared about when I'm with the group, a very nice feeling :)