"TO POODLEMOM"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solaris_Starr, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Hi poodlemom, aka (ROSE)

I read your bio, I can't believe you have a poodle named Toby!! That's wonderful! My Toby (Tobalina) is a 5 yr old white minature poodle. She came to me from an abusive home at 10 months old. She was so thin and malnurished, dirty and her hair all matted. She was so frightened and would shake violently. She does not like men or children. My daughter brought her home one night in January and new that I would fall in love at first site, (I am crazy for animals) and I did. My heart just melted, her big brown eyes staring at me under all that dirt, as if saying,"please take me and love me", well that was it as soon as I found out what her story was I was determined to let these people have it!! My daughter put her on the floor and Toby just hopped up on my lap and has been there ever since. The very next day I took her to our vet for a full check up and shots. I noticed she was limping and favoring her right leg and she would cry if we touched her in that area. After some exrays, the news was in, her leg had been broken when she was a very young puppy and was never taken care of, it healed up above her her hip bone so now that leg is shorter and full of arthritis. My heart just fell. The vet gave me some options, to put her down, operation at ($1500) no garantees, or treat her with lots of love and pain meds. Well what do you think I chose? I'm happy to say that she is happy, healthy, chubby and playfull, and spoiled rotten!! She will have to be on meds for the rest of her life and she hops on three legs but she is happy and loved!

She came to me in a very bad time in my life, so I think we needed each other and saved each other. I just wanted to share that with you.

I see that you are in Ontario, what part if you don't mind my asking? My parents live in Oakville. They moved there almost 9 yrs ago. I've often wondered if I should move to Ontario myself since the political situation here in Quebec is not so good for anglos any longer. My youngest, Matthew can't even speak a word of french. He just hates it here. I have no one here anyways so it's not like I would be leaving anyone behind...well except for the ex!

Be well,
    Sandy
  2. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Sandy thanks for sharing your heart warming story. My toby came at a tough time in my life too. I was going thru cancer. I already had Billy for 4 years but wanted the happiness of a puppy. So I got Toby. He was the last in the litter to go. NO one wanted him as he was shy and not the most dainty in the group. He came right up to me and it was a perfect match. He is like glue to me. I got him when I was very sick and we just cuddled in the lazy boy and have been that way now for the last 3 years. He is a lovable little guy, My other poodle Billy is more like a little person. He is so smart and intuative. I l just love my little boys. I have two cats also that are 13 years old. Its my little zoo.
    I have lived in Ontarion all my life. I grew up in Scarborough and 7 years ago moved to small town Keswick. I just love it. Right near the lake and surrounded by farm country. Heaven on earth. Its very expensive in Ontario though. Its a nice place to live though. I am about 1 1/2 hours north east of Oakville. Thanks again for sharing your story.
    hugs poodlemum
  3. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

It sounds like you have found a perfect little piece of heaven. Your so lucky. I have always wanted to live in a little cottage in the woods by the water. It's been a dream of mine for a hundred yrs. Just me and my Toby...the kids can visit now and again.....LOL I have always loved nature, and I find a sense of peace and balance when I am around nature and all that is green.

I would like to see a picture of your poodle guys, I would like to show you my Toby. Do you think we can do that on here?

Sandy