To poodlemommy...........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silky17, Aug 5, 2005.

1. silky17

silky17 New Member

I noticed in your post about disability that you had a battle with work disability benefits. My question is how long was your battle "after" you hired your lawyer?

I received my second denial from my work disability also the very day he called me about my case. I gave someone both denials to fax him and they ended faxing 2 of my first one. So he called me right away and he thought I still had a denial left to go through. But I told him what happened and he said to re-fax the second one.

I waited for his call and he didn't call back so I called his office. He told me that the lawyers in his office had their meeting (which I suppose its something they do all the time. He then told them about my case and said that they wanted to take it. These lawyers are ones that are on a fibromyalgia site that someone else on here told me about. All they do are insurance cases . Thats it! So I am very anxious to see if it pans out.

He told me that they don't take cases that they think they can't win. I was just curious to know what kind of procedures did you have to go through. How much did they require of you? Did you have to testify in front of a judge? I have only been off work since Jan/05 and have not even received STD. I have a mental evaluation on the 15th of Aug. for SS.

If its not to much trouble could you give me a heads up on what I am looking at? If I had not have found this web site I would not have known to really be on top of the denial and such so I thank God for you all and all the help that everyone takes the time to respond.

Thanks again,
    silky
    PS. Anyone feel free to jump into this if you have something.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

for Poodlemommy! HOpe she gets it!
  3. silky17

silky17 New Member

4. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Poodlemommy-

I was just wondering if your symptoms started anytime around the time you got your poodles. I have two wonderful poodles myself and about a week after I got my "party poodle" almost two years ago I started having symptoms. I just wanted to see if there was a possible correlation here although it seems bizarre.

Thanks!
    HopeandMe
  5. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member