To Purpledotfrog re holistic dr. in CT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cabbie, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Cabbie

Cabbie New Member

I read your post about a holistic doctor you're going to near your home in CT. I live south of you, and was wondering who the dr. is and where located. My friend told me about one she goes to in Torrington - maybe the same one?

I'd like to hear about your visit after you go - would you post about it? I didn't know that Dr. Teitelbaum was speaking in Stamford; does he have any others scheduled for CT? Where did you hear about it?

I was told by one doc that I have CFS, but supplements he gave didn't help. I was told by a neurologist that my fatigue is from MS (was dx as possible MS 10 yrs ago, but no symptoms until fatigue 5 yrs ago). He's treating me for the fatigue (still not much help) but has no explanation for the noise sensitivity, headaches, sleep problems, and other stuff we all have.

I went to a doc in Southington, but after a few months nothing he tried worked and I stayed with the neuro. I've been thinking about a holistic doc but I don't know if my insurance pays for any of it.

Thanks for any info you have .
    Cabbie
  2. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Hi Cabbie

Please check my posts starting 1/18/06 and few thereafter. I did feel a lot better for a while and then slipped back into a so-so state.

Many others have reported really good results from him.

Couldn't find purpledotfrog's posting. Probably cause at times I become a computer dummy.[This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  3. Cabbie

Cabbie New Member

Jaye - The dr. you're going to in Torrington sounds like it might be the one my friend went to; I'll have to ask her the name. She didn't go for CFS or FM though. The problem was that her insurance didn't pay for any of the treatment.

I went to Dr. Christopher Manning, a rheumatologist in Southington. He's listed on the Good Doctors list on this site. He was good, but when I told him that the treatment the neuro was giving me was helping some, he suggested I stick with him.

Kay - I'd like to know the name of the dr. you went to; do you still go to him? It seems like we find something that starts working a little, but then it doesn't continue to help. I saw in your bio that your symptoms started after your mother passed away - my fatigue started right after my mother died. Not as bad then (5 yrs. ago) as it is now, but I've always thought her passing triggered it.

Cabbie
  4. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Hi you two,

After seeing many doctors along the way - just like so many of you did, I heard of Dr. Wm. Shevin in Woodstock, CT. I went on the recommendation of a friend who said he really helped him.

He's an MD and a Homeopathic physician. I haven't given up on him. At first, I was elated because I noticed more energy, but that phase passed. Please read my postings going back to the beginning of the year where I explain his type of treatment. He also has a website.

About three years ago, I heard Dr. Charles Lapp speak at UConn (he did lots of research with Cheney). I was so impressed that I went to Charlotte NC to see him. At that time, I just wanted someone to say, "Yes, Kay, this is what you have." He's big on B-12 shots, but they didn't do much for me.

I also heard Teitlebaum (sp?) speak locally. He basically reiterated most of the points in his book. I think lots of what he says makes sense, but I really cringe about what he charges.

By the way, Dr. Shevin is not money hungry and he does take insurance.

K