TO RACWHITE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Thanks for helping me. I decided to start a new post - it's easier this way. I recently started Synthroid and had the levels checked. According to my doctor everything is fine. What is a "sleeper"? I don't know what that is. I was prescribed Klonopin about a year ago but stopped taking it because I woke up too drowsy. I don't remember what the dosage was though. Is Klonopin the same as Neurontin? I take Neurontin for sleep, pain and RLS. What's the difference between the two?

As far as the Effexor goes, if I take it at bedtime won't it make me feel drowsy when I wake up? I'm scared to stop taking it because I went through a very bad depression last year and the Effexor helped me tremendously! I've suffered from depression most of my life (not the situational kind that a lot of people with FMS get) and am afraid to stop taking it.

This horrible fatigue is fairly new. I've been taking these meds longer than I've had the fatigue. I don't know what's going on! What should I ask my doctor?

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME!!!!!!! YOU'RE GREAT!!!!!

Annette2
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Thanks again! I do have a question. Why do you take both Klonopin and Neurontin? I thought they both are to help you sleep. I have been feeling really sick today. I barely made it through work today. I came home and cleaned up the kitchen and just sat all evening. I also took my temperature. I usually run below 98.6 - something like a bit over 97. Tonight it was 99. I've had a mild headache and was achy all day. I felt like my legs couldn't support me. I don't know if it's FMS or if I'm really "sick". Anyway, after work I drove over to my doctor's office to leave him a message about how bad I felt today. I kept waking up during the night and just felt terrible today. He didn't call me back because one or two doctors in his office are out on vacation so he's overloaded. I'm sure he'll call Thursday when he's back in the office. I also told him I don't know what meds to take anymore, considering how tired I get during the day. I'll try the Effexor tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. I feel like a wet dishrag right now. I'll let you know tomorrow what happens. Thanks!!!!!!!

Annette2
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Good morning. I'm feeling more rested this morning. I didn't take the Effexor last night with the Neurontin. Instead I took Norflex, my muscle relaxer. It really made a difference in how I slept - I didn't get up at all! I feel much better this morning. I don't have that druggy hangover feeling either! I have an appt. with the Nutritionist and I'm going to talk to him about all of this. My family doctor doesn't work on Wednesdays so I assume he'll call me tomorrow. I will ask him about trying Klonopin again and I'll use your guidelines as far as dosage. He'll have to give me a prescription for Klonopin as I don't have any right now. I don't have any fever either. But I do need to discuss with my family doctor what meds to take on a steady basis. I'll write you later and let you know how things are going! THANKS!!!!!!

Annette2

P.S. - I didn't realize you could get a CFS "flare". Is that when you're more tired than usual? It's so difficult to figure out which flare is which.[This Message was Edited on 07/30/2003]