To Sandi and others needing assistance with Meds.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Oct 16, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Out of curiosity, I went to the google search web and just typed in "free medicine" and you wouldn't believe the number of pages that came up! Go there and try that!

I don't qualify because of my husband's income (unless you hear him talk!) and the fact that we DO have insurance (thank God) but it's there for people who DO qualify.

I think the ONE big page I hit on was about half way down, and it lists a bunch of different companies. I went to the drug list, found a drug familiar to me and clicked on it. WOW! Not only did it bring up this drug, but all the other drugs that that particular company produces. It gives you information on HOW to apply and everything. I want to say the name was needymeds or something like that. (Mikie, can I say this here?)

Hope this helps!
    Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2002]
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Out of curiosity, I went to the google search web and just typed in "free medicine" and you wouldn't believe the number of pages that came up! Go there and try that!

I don't qualify because of my husband's income (unless you hear him talk!) and the fact that we DO have insurance (thank God) but it's there for people who DO qualify.

I think the ONE big page I hit on was about half way down, and it lists a bunch of different companies. I went to the drug list, found a drug familiar to me and clicked on it. WOW! Not only did it bring up this drug, but all the other drugs that that particular company produces. It gives you information on HOW to apply and everything. I want to say the name was needymeds or something like that. (Mikie, can I say this here?)

Hope this helps!
    Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2002]
  3. greenly

greenly New Member

There is another web site that provides information on each drug with a patient assistance pogram plus information on the discount cards that parmaceutal companies are giving to Medicare patients.

Most companies have applications that can be duplicated and this site has them. All of this info is free. They are a nonprofit organization that provides rx ASSISTance for any one who does not have prescription insurance. I hope I'm not breaking any rules but this info is so benificial to people on disability or not working that I want every one be able to get the help. I don't post often but I always try to make this info to everyone.

Until recently I voluteered with a free clinic that filled out applications for people with no prescription insurance. Some companies will even cover medicines for people who have prescription insurance if their insurance does not cover the medicine or they have insurance with large deductibles. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I wouldn't be able to pay for my medicine if I didn't get mine through pharmaceutical programs.

I always seem to always write messages that are too wordy, which is why I don't post often. I never have gotten the hang of, short to the point, posts.

Debby
  4. SandiGS

SandiGS New Member

Thank you both so very much. I'm glad I found this board. You are a wonderful group of people. I have a feeling that I will come to rely on you in the future as I try to learn more about this DD. Gentle hugs to all, Sandi