TO: Serenety

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrdad, Jun 24, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hello Serenety,
    I've been thinking about your Post concerning question about poss. link between your Operation and FM flare and infection.
    When they do your blood workup do they evaluate your Ferriten level?? I have a genetic disorder (hemochromatosis) also called ironoverload. It is basically Celtic and otherwise Northern European in origin.
    It is one of the most misdiagnosed or missed disorders in medicine. I'd check with your Hematologist and ask if they have considered this in your blood workup.
    Another thought is the Operation itself. Here in the States, they do not screen the blood they use in tranfusions for every possible contaminent. Is it "possible" you picked something up from a transfusion??
    I sometimes wonder if my CFS had anything to do with an Operation and transfusion I received over 3 yrs. ago.
    If I experience a future operation, I'll donate my own blood in advance for transfusion.
    Just some thoughts and personal observations. Hope you can determine the problem and will feel better soon!!
    MRDAD