To Shannon- Calgary

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Oct 11, 2005.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I wanted to tell you that I was talking to the out of country expenses dept. through Alberta Health today

They said the clinic blood lab work has to have CPT codes and they also said to fax my clinic visits costs!! I'm so excited about the prospects of getting some money back.

Are you still thinking of flying to Seattle? Would be alot closer then Denver and heard the doctor there is great. I think Francie is in Seattle. 1 hr. flight to Seattle from Calgary.

Cindy

2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

A little slow in the head here...
    What should I do with Alberta Health? Break it down into little Shannon-size bites please??

Thanks Cindy ((( )))
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

P.S. will Alberta cover the cost of the labs?? thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2005]
  4. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I've been cleaning my oven and need a break or get outside, it looks so nice now.

Anyway I sent everything in so will hear back from them soon. It takes time. I have the direct phone number so I call them for any updates. Last one was to fax the office visits.

One thing they did tell me was if you get your blood tests done at the clinic they will be covered and it has to be a test that's recognized here in Canada. For example the thrombtic panel of $246. was not covered. and also if the blood is taken at a U.S. hospital you only get a maximum of $50. back!! So I'll be aware of that one. Clinic and not hospital! Don't know the reasoning there.

Also you will need to set up an account with a U.S. online pharmacy, there are some here in Canada. All my doctor does is fax the prescriptions to them and they are filled right away. You need to get the meds, supplements and vitamins to make this work. Alot of supplements I get online. Just shopped around. For example the doctor suggested ProBoost and I saw it cheaper this morning online so will order. The NT Factor I get purolated from the clinic.

Being in Canada, it's just a little more leg work but it can be done. I'll answer more questions tomorrow night.

Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2005]