To Shirl and others regarding healthy water

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tired42long, Sep 9, 2002.

1. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hi Shirl, I noticed from so many posts your insistance on drinking water to improve health. That of course is well documented. but I have talked to several people about the chlorine and flouride and LOTS of other "goodies" in our municipal drinking water that could be affecting our health. For those of us that seem to have sensitivities to chemicals and additives, etc., what is the best bet to find safe, clean, drinking water? (Besides finding one that is enjoyable to drink) I have also heard that chemicals from the very containers we drink bottled water from in stores can actually leech out into the water. Do you or anyone else recommend certain water purchased in glass bottles, or any water purification/filter system to use. Don't know if you can use manufacturer's names on board, but I hope you can. I think it would be a good invenstment in my health and my whole family.
  2. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hi Shirl, I noticed from so many posts your insistance on drinking water to improve health. That of course is well documented. but I have talked to several people about the chlorine and flouride and LOTS of other "goodies" in our municipal drinking water that could be affecting our health. For those of us that seem to have sensitivities to chemicals and additives, etc., what is the best bet to find safe, clean, drinking water? (Besides finding one that is enjoyable to drink) I have also heard that chemicals from the very containers we drink bottled water from in stores can actually leech out into the water. Do you or anyone else recommend certain water purchased in glass bottles, or any water purification/filter system to use. Don't know if you can use manufacturer's names on board, but I hope you can. I think it would be a good invenstment in my health and my whole family.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have to agree with the city water, I have a Brita filter on the faucet or you can get a container from Brita as well.

I do have deep well water where I live (I am in the boonies), no city water, but I still use the filter.

As for drinking, I had a problem with that one! I think I tried just about every bottled water in the store to find one that I could tolerate. I finally decided on Evian, its light, does not taste bad, and goes down easy, plus it does have natural minerals in it.

As for price, it cost about the same as drinking a soda pop, and since I don't drink sodas, I don't feel like it is a burden price wise.

As for the container, I think the Evian is probably tested to death! As it comes from France, the French Alps to be exact, it also comes in glass bottles, but they are hard to come by.

In some states, you can buy water straight from the deep wells, for instance, in Louisiana we have Abita Spring's water, and Kentwood Water, which are from deep, deep,
    wells, you can go to the company with your own containers and have them filled. They also have free flowing wells here and Mississippi that you can get the water free.

Hope this has been some help to you!

Shalom, Shirl

4. tired42long

tired42long New Member

that you could buy water from someone's deep well. I know you can take jugs to the grocery store and refill, but don't know if that is any better. do you think in contacting the company's if they would let you know where to buy in glass bottles? I hate water anyway, but know it's important to rehydrate tissues and flush out the junk. Thanks Much Shirl
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Get on the phone and call the companies in your area that are selling local well water.

The only two I know of that sells water in glass is Evian and Perrier, both are from France! They are both on the Web too.

Check to find out if you have free flowing wells in your area that are free too.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. xo4damama

xo4damama Member

I purchased a reverse osmosis filter for my kitchen sink. If what they say is true it removes nearly everything out of the water I drink. Many bottled water companies use this type of filer to produce their product. It is huge and is somewhat costly up front. It has a 5gallon tank that fits under the sink and a filter tank. You need to replace the filters yearly, but it is something you can do yourself. You can have one installed by most water softener companies. I love mine:)

Just a thought!