To Shirl re Epson Salt and Peroxide Baths

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by schnoodle, Jul 6, 2003.

1. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

Hi Shirl. I saw your post to AC regarding Epson Salt and Peroxide baths. Can you tell me a little about that? How does that help? Isn't the peroxide toxic? I want to try this out if it helps for pain. Thanks
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You cannot drink this store grade peroxide, but there is a food grade kind sold at health food stores that can be taken orally, or you can also use for baths, its a very high concentration and would need to be diluted or it would burn your skin. I would not recommend it for just anyone as it can be dangerous if you do not know exactly what you are doing.

The drugstore grade is just fine for the baths, no harm with 3% for anyone. Its the same that you would use for a cut or bug bite to get the infection out. When it foams, its killing off bacteria.

I also use it to mop floors, clean bathtubs, sinks, toilets, and to get food stains/ pet stains out of clothing or carpets.

I was first told to do this by a doctor, then I found a book on Peroxide, here is what the book says;

'The hydrogen peroxide which you find at your drug store counter is 3% concentration and is fine for external use, but contains preservatives and stabilizers which shoud NOT be ingested orally. Thus you can use this to add to your bath water(from one pint to one quart, depending on your need or desire) but should NOT attempt to drink it. And while we are on this subject, I would like to encourage you to try a bath in this oxygen-rich substance. It invigorates. It relieves pain. It stimulates your mind. It reduces stiffness and soreness like no other treatment. We give all our patients a whirlpool bath with the equivalent of one gallon of 3% in it every other day. Some might like to do this early in the day because it can be very invigorating and you won't want to go to bed right afterward.

Taken from the book: 02, 02, 02, Oxygen' by; 'Kurt W. Donsbach D.C,,Ph.D.

The difference that I do is mix three cups of Epson Salts with the peroxide, in water as warm as I can stand, which causes a weakness, so I go to bed afterwards for at least a half hour.

I hope this helps, I know according to exact science, this does not work, but it works for me!

I have been using this bath now for close to 20 years, and it never failed to help when I am in a flare, or just tired and need a little help. Its not a cure, but it is temporary relief.

If you have sore muscles from over work or exercise, it will help you feel good the next day.

Hope this helps.....................

Shalom, Shirl

3. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

Thank you so much for the advice! I am going to try it for sure. I appreciate all the typing you did to give me the info!

Schnoodle!!!
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This is one thing that will give temporary relief for the pain, and I am glad to share it anytime.

Good luck..............

Shalom, Shirl