To Shril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chewie, Mar 11, 2003.

1. chewie

chewie New Member

HI, In reading one of your posts you talked about your pit bulls ear infection. My standard poodle has had a bad ear infection. COST me $350.00 in Oct. for the vet to sedate him and remove excess hair {that the groomer left in} that caused
    the infection . He has never got rid of the infection and now it is bad again. I was wondering if you could e-mail the amounts that you used to clear your pit bulls ear infection. I Can't affored another huge vet bill right now.I am cleaning both {used to be one }ears out now BUT am not having any luck
    now .

E-mail address:

wbsjes3@cs.com

Thanks and SOFT HUGS Joyce
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Check your email, hope it works for your pup too.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

It is VERY important to pull that excess hair out of your poodle's ears. You should do it about once a month, or at the longest every other month. If you don't have a hemostat, try to find a good one. It is by far the easiest tool to use for the job. Grab a small bunch of hair, lock the hemostat, and pull quickly. If you take too big a clump, it hurts more, as it will if you don't just yank it out. After pulling the hair, take cotton ball and pour some hydrogen peroxide on it, then wipe out the ear with the cotton ball. You might need to use 3 - 4 per ear. If it looks red or brown, keep doing it at least once daily for about a week or until the ball comes out clean. I am trusting you to know the difference between a mucky looking mess and a tiny spot of fresh blood from the hair pulling. I hope he is doing better soon, and that you don't get bitten to badly while trying to help the ungrateful little wretch.
    Kathryn
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Maybe Joyce and I are talking about 'apples and oranges' here! Pit Bull's do not have a hair problem in the ears, Boo's ear was infected. He has a tendency to get an over load of wax in his ears, plus he also has a bad habit of getting in my large flower pots and could possibly have gotten bit by some bug or other! But what I told her could not hurt his ear, but would not have removed the hair.

I don't know anything about Poodles, never owned one. But they sure are beautiful and smart!

Shalom, Shirl