To Sisland a recipe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alaska3355, Sep 17, 2007.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I have a recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes for you....

4 or 5 green tomatoes
    1/2 c. cornmeal
    1/4 c. flour
    1/4 t. onion salt
    1/4 t. pepper
    1 egg, beaten
    2 T. milk
    bacon fat for frying
    Slice tomatoes. Mix dry ingredients in a pie plate. Mix egg and milk in a small bowl. Dip tomatoes in egg mix, then in flour mix. In an iron skillet, heat bacon fat. Fry tomatoes about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

I'll have to make these soon since I have lots of green tomatoes!
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou so Much! I love these! My mom and Gramma used to Make them! But i never had a Good Recipie for them! I can Tell you are a very good cook! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks Again! will be makin' these soon also!,,,,,,,Sydney
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Care to share any great cookie recipes........???
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

1 1/4 cups sugar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oven---375 degrees
    1 cup butter flavor crisco
    2 eggs
    1/4 c light corn syrup
    1 Tbs Vanilla

Cream the above ingredients very well!

3 cups all purpose flour (mix in 1 at a time)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

Make sure all above ingredients are mixed togeather very very well,,,,,,Divide Dough in half and place on 2 sheet of wax paper that have been floured lightly,,,,,,,wrap them up,,,,,

Refridgerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour,,,,,,,,Remove and roll Dough out on a floured surface,,,,,,,use your favorite cookie cutters and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Remove cookies to a waxpaper covered plate or tray,,,,when they have cooled,,,,use your favorite ready made frosting or your own homemade!

decorate as desired,,,,,,If you want a softer cookie add 1/2 package of creamcheese to the top mixture and alittle less crisco,,,,,,,,,

[This Message was Edited on 09/18/2007]
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for the cookie recipe, Sisland! You can never have too many cookie recipes!

Linda, that's quite a movie- I've seen it. As for finding the green tomatoes, I have plenty in my back yard! But I think you could try a farmer's market- do they have any in your area?

Have a good evening-
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Too!,,,,,kathy Bates is one of my favorite actors! what is the little gals name that tells the story and is idgie?.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your welcome for the recipie!,,,,more to come!

[This Message was Edited on 09/20/2007]
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Thats it! Jessica Tandy! Thanks! and Mary Stuart,,,,,Remember J-Tandy in "Batteries not included" ? and was it "Cacoon?"