To Tandy - question on Zanaflex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by needanap, Jul 1, 2003.

1. needanap

needanap New Member

Thank you for your post when I asked for help on aching muscles. You asked about the Zanaflex I take. I take 4 to 8 mg. at bedtime each night. It really relaxes me and really helps me sleep. I also take Ambien 10mg for sleep. The combination of the Ambien and Zanaflex at night is the most relief I've ever gotten for the sleep problem. I can't take the Zanaflex during the day, it just knocks me out. Hope this info helps. Thank you again.

needanap
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Ok...I remember now!!LOL I had forgotten about that!!
    yeah....My Dr. is willing to try me on Zanaflex but of course it would mean giving up my current Darvecet and flexeril~ I"m just scared to give up something that at least works somewhat....Its not that I'm totally happy with what I do get for relief.....But just don't wanna be on something that just does'nt work. I see me Rhuemy every 8 weeks,I suppose I could say"I'll give it a try and if I don't like it,I could go back to old.Its just that I'd be stuck untill my next appointment! But if it works as good as you and some others say,Than I'll be good to go!
    Have you had any bad side effects with it?? Like headaches,weight gain,etc?? Because on the stinkin elavil,I gained weight!!eeeek! just what we don't want!at least not me~ Thanks for bringing this back up.I have an appointment this month,I could ask her then about the switch. Let me know if you have any negatives about it,ok?
    Thanks again~
    Hugs,
    Tracey
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

For a response??and for something to do! teehee :)
  4. needanap

needanap New Member

I've had no side-effects from the Zanaflex. (Unless you count drowsiness, which is great if you have trouble sleeping like me) no weight gain from it, but I had already gained weight from Elavil (25mg) As far as pain relief, it relaxes my muscles which does give me pain relief. If you try it I wish you luck.

needanap

[ advertisement ]