To Tansy and anyone on Recuperation mineral salts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HarrietHains, Jan 27, 2006.

1. HarrietHains

HarrietHains New Member

Just wondered how anyone was getting on with the Recuperation mineral salts. My NYear's resolution is to keep on trying new things. Colostrum and serrapeptase are now being added to guai gradually. Was wondering if Recuperation salts could be next in line.

harriet
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

2 weeks ago...fog seems to be lifting. I was sure I was brain damaged...so I am pretty pumped right now.

It's too early to say anything definitive.. but I'll keep u posted.
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I'm interested in this as well..bump

Also, tansy is off the computer, seems her computer pooped out on her...just FYI[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2006]
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

taking the saline variety.

I bought some of the lemon-flavoured stuff.. but it's v. sweet and about 50 calories per sachet to boot.. so I'm sticking with the non-flavoured variety.

The taste isn't great... but I'm not exactly taking it for its flavor.

I ordered it from Spain. I take 2, sometimes 4 sachets a day.

There's definitely something going on...just not sure what yet.

FYI, if u do take it, make sure you don't take any other minerals around the same time.

Alfred Blasi, the guy who says he cured his FM with it, says thet the proportions of minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium etc) in the salts is key.. ie their proportions in relation to each other.

Like I say, it's early days yet, and I'm following the FWIW protocol and have been taking mega doses of Vit D for 2 months now...so I'm not taking it in isolation.

But I see some difference in the 2 weeks I've been on it..

I'll keep u posted.
    Cheers
    Delia
  5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

if you're interested in recup, you should check out the Yahoo/Recup site.

www.AlfredblasiprotocolFMSCFS@yahoogroups.com

There's a good FAQ there and the archives make interesting reading.

I'm beginning to sound like a saleswoman.. so I"ll stop there..
    Delia
  6. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Thanks Delia, I will check it out. Please do keep us posted on the results of your trial of recup. I hope it really helps you. How long did it take you to get it from Spain? Is there not a place in the US to buy it? Thanks

Take care,
    Suz
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

US pharmacies stock it.

I see from the archives that there was talk of finding a US distributor if there was sufficient demand in the US.. but i don't know what happened about that.

Also, I think some US fibro groups mass-order it and then sell it at a discount to members...

You could post a question on the yahoo site/board or whatever.

FYI, I was reading a paper by Dr Majad Ali, who is a proponent of the oxidative stress theory of CFS, and I THINK he was saying that there are benefits to "washing" the cells with an electrolyte solution ...

something about it helps damaged cells to perform their functions properly.

As u can see I'm not a scientist....

Also, I can't remember how long my order took to arrive, but it wasn't that long, a couple of weeks maybe.

This was back in February. I took a couple of sachets.. didn't notice much difference and stopped.

Then, recently, I started reading more about it. Maybe on the FWIW site....It was one of the top-rated supplements in a recent (very small and unscientific) poll.

This time around, I'm being more consistent in how I take it, and I realise I need to give it a trial of several months.

The fact that my fatigue has improved may also be a factor. It may be easier to see the effect of the Recup on the cognitive functions given that I'm doing better physically. (I attribute this to the Vit D.)

Ok, enof prosleytising.(sp?)

I'll keep u posted.

Cheers
    Delia