To teabisqit, queenbee69, pamela, motg thank for your reply

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by camry, Oct 3, 2002.

1. camry

camry New Member

Thanks so much to all of you for replying to my question about the insomnia problem. It helps so much to know that I am not alone. I will try the benadryl. Valerian root is in one of the vitamins that I'm taking. To anwer Pam's question: the bursts of wakefulness started a long time ago once in a while, but now it's every single night. to teabisqit: interesting I have a thyroid problem, too. I have read about a connection of fibro with hypothyroidism. I have antithyroid antibodies, but a normal TSH. I'm told eventually by thryoid will stop working. I do think I'm hypothyroid, though. I have all the symptoms.Yesterday was the first time I posted a message. I don't know anyone personally with fibro. I am a 44 year old female and live in California. In 1991, I was diagnosed with early lupus. The illness never turned into full blown lupus, and last year I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I'm married to a great guy, have a 19 year old daughter, and a 16 year old son. They all try to understand and be supportive, but I don't think anyone truly understands unless they have this illness. It's been a very tough road, since my children were 7 and 4 when I first got sick. I am on permanent disability and have been for over 3 years. I never thought that would ever happen to me.
    I have taken almost every drug including steroids. Now I just take advil 800 mg which takes the edge off the pain, I think and lots of vitamins and try to eat healthy. I've been feeling a lot better lately except for the insomnia problem--the bursts of wakefulness. That is really depressing me. It's actually freaking me out. I take Xanax .25 mg at night which helps with the sleep and anxiety, but I don't want to depend on it. My symptoms include aching muscles, which can last for days, weeks, or months at a time, joint pain, a squeezing feeling in my extremities, stiffness, extreme fatigue, irritable bowel, yeast infections, headaches, ocular migraines, insomnia, panic attacks, palpitations, PVC's (premature ventricular contractions), and hair loss. I have a high ANA (antinuclear antibodies) 1:1280 up to 5120, and antithyroid antibodies.Well, I know I went on and on--just venting--but I guess I need to. Write back if you want. I'd love to correspond. Thanks to all of you for your comforting words and suggestions. Thank God I'm not alone!!
  2. camry

camry New Member

Thanks so much to all of you for replying to my question about the insomnia problem. It helps so much to know that I am not alone. I will try the benadryl. Valerian root is in one of the vitamins that I'm taking. To anwer Pam's question: the bursts of wakefulness started a long time ago once in a while, but now it's every single night. to teabisqit: interesting I have a thyroid problem, too. I have read about a connection of fibro with hypothyroidism. I have antithyroid antibodies, but a normal TSH. I'm told eventually by thryoid will stop working. I do think I'm hypothyroid, though. I have all the symptoms.Yesterday was the first time I posted a message. I don't know anyone personally with fibro. I am a 44 year old female and live in California. In 1991, I was diagnosed with early lupus. The illness never turned into full blown lupus, and last year I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I'm married to a great guy, have a 19 year old daughter, and a 16 year old son. They all try to understand and be supportive, but I don't think anyone truly understands unless they have this illness. It's been a very tough road, since my children were 7 and 4 when I first got sick. I am on permanent disability and have been for over 3 years. I never thought that would ever happen to me.
    I have taken almost every drug including steroids. Now I just take advil 800 mg which takes the edge off the pain, I think and lots of vitamins and try to eat healthy. I've been feeling a lot better lately except for the insomnia problem--the bursts of wakefulness. That is really depressing me. It's actually freaking me out. I take Xanax .25 mg at night which helps with the sleep and anxiety, but I don't want to depend on it. My symptoms include aching muscles, which can last for days, weeks, or months at a time, joint pain, a squeezing feeling in my extremities, stiffness, extreme fatigue, irritable bowel, yeast infections, headaches, ocular migraines, insomnia, panic attacks, palpitations, PVC's (premature ventricular contractions), and hair loss. I have a high ANA (antinuclear antibodies) 1:1280 up to 5120, and antithyroid antibodies.Well, I know I went on and on--just venting--but I guess I need to. Write back if you want. I'd love to correspond. Thanks to all of you for your comforting words and suggestions. Thank God I'm not alone!!
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Camry...just a few lines to let you know that Im glad your feeling a little better. Were all in the same boat, some days it feels like its sinking fast huh? Ha! Hang in there....Try and keep in touch with us and we all should atleast feel better when talking to eachother.......Type at ya soon....queenbee69
  4. motg

motg New Member

you wrote that you have headachs many people have said that magnesium helps headach. I tried it and it did help me I don't know if it will help you but it might be worth a try.
    Barb
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I used to take Valerian, too. I thought it calmed me down, but it didn't really help with my insomnia. All your symptoms pretty much sound like mine. I can tell you that the heart stuff, palpitations, that can be early menopause. My mother had it, in time it went away. Antibodies to your thyroid gland is usually Hashimoto's. Alot of the symptoms you have can be that. It's interesting you got sick in 91, so did I. Alot of us did. At the time, my doctor told me there was an outbreak of something, he said it was CFIDS. I know it was an infectious agent of some sort, but I'm not sure what, viral, bacterial. There are new studies that indicate that Yersinia Enterocolitica bacteria causes Hashimoto's. We all know Yersinia is plague, but this one is a cousin of the black death and you don't die from it. It's often present in contaminated foods, such as dairy, shellfish, and meat, and you can get it from the tonsils of an infected person, which I have always maintained is how I got sick in the first place. Normal antibiotics do not kill this bacteria. So, in theory, you get infected and end up with a long term chronic bacterial infection kind of like Syphilis, affects every organ system in the body. I doubt I can get my doctor to listen to me and test me for it, don't even know if it would show up after all these years, but it would be very interesting to get tested for it. Yersinia makes sense on so many levels. The outbreak of CFIDS in Upstate NY, the one Dr. Bell treats, all those kids got sick after having dairy products. So it really makes you wonder. Watch that Advil you're taking, many years of NSAIDS have totally wrecked my stomach, now I've got chronic acid reflux and have to be on Aciphex. One thing you can try for the insomnia, limit your MSG and Aspartame intake. Check all the food labels for it. See if that helps a bit.

TeaBisqit