TO TEACH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellbear, Feb 7, 2003.

1. kellbear

kellbear New Member

Thanks for showing me that message yesterday about the doctor in Cincinnati. Amazingly, she is on my insurance plan whooo hooo. I called her office and am supposed to get a reply by Monday as to if she is familiar with CFS. I hope that she is and it seems to be if a doc is familiar with FM they are with CFS or visa versa. Now all I need to do is wait and figure out a way to get a referal from my PCP.
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

I hope it all works out for you. When I need a referral I just call and ask for one. My former PCP was clueless about almost everything other than strp and sinus infections.

When I needed one to a rheumy, who turned out to be not much help to me, but that was him in particular, not all, I just told them I needed a referral for possible CFS and FM. They didn't give me any hassles. They knew I was ill and they had no clue what to do for me.

Let me know if this all works out for you.

Barbara
  3. kellbear

kellbear New Member

My PCP is clueless as well. God love her, but she does think I am nuts. I just called her for a prescription for a sinus infection which I get all the time now. She called me back saying that the Antibiotic that the ENT doc gave me for the lymph nodes would help the sinus infection. I told her that I have been on that antibiotic for 2 weeks and it has done nothing for my sinuses nor my swollen glands. She just said "Oh" and that I would have to wait for my appt with the ENT next tuesday.

Sigh

At least I feel like I am getting somewhere.