To: Teach6 (Barbara) - Klonopin & Flexeril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nikki, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

I noticed on a post re: Trazodone & Ambien, that you were taking Klonopin & Flexeril.

I'm just curious . . . I used to take Flexeril and believed it helped me; but, my Dr. told me to get off the Flexeril when I started taking Klonopin. I should have asked him why, but just thought the two drugs couldn't be taken together.

If you don't mind my asking, what did your Dr. say about taking both drugs? I sure would like to take it again when I feel it's needed.

Anyone else taking both? I'm also taking Lorcet (during the day) and 150 mg Trazodone, 5 mg Ambien & .25mg (or less)of Klonopin @ night.

Thanks....................sharon
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

The same doc prescribed both for me. I take 1.5 mg Klonopin and 10 mg Flexeril, both at bedtime.

Barbara
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

I think I'll ask my dr. about that on my next visit in 2 mos.

Thanks!
  4. malony33

malony33 New Member

Hi, Sharon,

My doctor has me on a few meds, inc. K. & F. I take both at bedtime and although they are not sleep meds, they make me drowsy and help me stay asleep because they work on pain and muscle spasms.

BTW, 1 mg. of K.

Barb (also a teacher, now retired due to this DD)
  5. Nikki

Nikki Member

You probably answered my question. My Dr. probably figures the fewer pills I can live w/o, the better.

Thanks for the info,
    Sharon