To the fellow early birds this am

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MicheleF, Aug 21, 2002.

1. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Are any of you up by choice? I'm taking klonopin 5mg for 4 days now to help with rls. Nothing seems to help me sleep past 4:30-5 am, no matter how late or early I go to bed.

Any suggestions? Best wishes for a great day. Michele
  2. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Are any of you up by choice? I'm taking klonopin 5mg for 4 days now to help with rls. Nothing seems to help me sleep past 4:30-5 am, no matter how late or early I go to bed.

Any suggestions? Best wishes for a great day. Michele
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

taking the med a little later? this may help.... I don't know about you but "my clock is set"... I have to take meds when they will benefit me the most and careful timing is something you can try! Good luck!
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I'm going to get the ZMA from here soon, but as I'm just starting so many new things, I want to pace it out so I can figure out exactly what is working and what doesn't. I have tried taking the med at different times...doesn't seem to matter. I'm hoping to get off it completely once my vit/supp regimen kicks in, as well as the increased exercise...have to take it slow as I was so out of shape to begin with.

Best wishes to both of you. Michele
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It use to be mostly Jackie and I up this early. We are both in Ca, I get up at usually anywhere between 2/3 am.

I have tried lots of Meds, nothing keeps me asleep and it dosen't matter what time I take it.
    The other night I took an Ambien, it was at 11pm, and I still got up at 2;30 am. I was rather groggy, and after I took my Vicodin I felt kinda buzzy for an hour or two. The Ambien was suppose to be worn off by the time I took it. I think because I didn't get enough sleep on them it interefered with the Pain med's effect.

Sure didn't feel Any Pain for about 2/3 hours. lol
    I just don't care for that weird buzz tho.

Most of my jobs that I enjoyed where early morning jobs, and I got off work in early afternoon so I could still have time to do the Daytime things. Like Shopping, except that now, at least here in Ca, there are stores open all night, but I still wait for daylight. Want to be safe.

Well gotta grab another cup of Coffee, and go back to reading and seeing if there's a Post or two that I can stick my nose into, lol.

Hope you all have a Sunny and Painfree Day,
    Sincerely
    kredca4
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2002]
  6. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

MicheleF, I was not succesful with the Klonopin. Many are and find that it does work very well for them.
    After trying all that they have to offer for RLS, we had to count on vicodan for mine. I take the lowest does and 1-hour prior to bedtime. Works like a charm for me.
    I am super sensitive to so many meds.
    Just about every article that I have read on it says that vicodan should be the last resort and it was for me.

But, I am happy with 5 good hours of sleep! For many that might not be enough, but it seems fine for me, at this point.

I still use the Valarian Root for sleep as well. I am ordering the ZMA abnd expect to try it again as well.

Hope this is of some help for you!
    BTW of course, 4 days is a tad early to think it(Klonopin) might not work, as I understand from the other members.

Wishing you sweet dreams!

Jackie F
  7. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Holly, thank you. We live up on a hill, and sometimes I do go out and look at the sunrise come over the hills. It's so peaceful in the early morning, with the birds chirping, and the neighbor's rooster announcing the new morning...he does seem to get confused when I turn on the kitchen light and it's still pitch dark...he's half-hearted calling gives me a good chuckle. Thanks for reminding me,,,I probably shouldn't have posted this morning,,,I was a wee bit on the cranky side.

All of your messages are appreciated. Looking forward to tomorrow morning...Michele