To the many on here with "dry" eyes, mouth....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I have Sjordens Syndrome. I blew it off half of my life until it was mentioned on this board in the fast. I jumped up and checked the Web on a few site, and ran to the oral surgeon to find out if I could have this!

Answer after the surgery was YES; he filled me in about the eyes...for years I have been on a cornea replacement (dry eyes don't like "red" and entertainers ofter have to tolerate colors you would not believe). When my dry eye has in high gear I had to also place a line of slime on my lower eye lid. I think it has gone away since I have given up playing for I guess five years or so.

My regular dentist told me that pediatric dentists can spot this in children; they often have "tulip" teeth and those crevaces make for dental carries.

Sjordens can attack any gland in our body system, even our brain. Love CactusLil' "mitigate your losses"
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

As you probably know, it's not just dry eyes, dry mouth. Years ago, I was diagnosed by lip biopsy for SS and recently I posted a question about Sjogren's and abnormal chest x-ray findings as my report read "the lungs are emphysematous." Methacholine challenge test was positive for obstructive airway disease. These tests were done because I have had chest pain and shortness of breath. Cardiac ruled out. Wednesday, I see a pulmonologist.

Sjogren's can affect kidneys, lungs, blood vessels - Raynaud's, muscle, nerve, thyroid.

Wish me luck! Fondly, June
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Have you had other problems from Sjogren's, who is following you for this? June