To Themoodyone...Re: Can I get opinions on Fentynal pain patches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelbyeatenton, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

Hi, I read this post and just wondered if you knew if they shipped this product to the united kingdom (whether this was still free?) and also what would the actual telephone number be that i'd dial from here? (international dialling codes etc!?)

I have been prescribed (and it has a few names on the box so i'll put them all on here for you!) Fentynal or durogesic DTrans and/or transdermal patches. I think they are all different ways of saying the same thing. It is a 50 mcg/hr patch that i'm to change every 72 hours. Does that sound about right for the patches mentioned in your post that i've included for clarity below?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide...

Take care,

Shelby xx

"Re: Can I get opinions on Fentynal pain patches 30/08/06

Hi there :) I just wanted to give you my input on the Patches. I have been a Chronic Pain Patient for 8 years now and have tried everything. About 5 years ago, I was put on the 100mcg/hr patch, 2 of them, every 2 days. My pain level went down tremendously, and absolutely no side effects. The only problem I had was keeping them on my skin! You can call Janssen at 1-800-526-7766 and tell them that you would like to order the covers to keep them on. You have to use the Janssen NDC # 50-458-0036-05 or they won't give them to you. These covers are free and they ship them for free. They are wonderful and allow you to get the most use out of the patch. I use the Generic made by Mylan because they're much smaller and they don't have the jelly-like stuff inside of them and they are much easier. But in order to get the covers, you have to tell them that you use their brand name, Duragesic.
    Anyway, please do give them a try. They do help a lot. I have never had one side effect from them except when my doctor would drag her tail in getting my refill because after you start wearing them, you can't just stop or you will feel really bad because of withdrawl.
    On another note, if your Dr told you that you HAVE to use these or they won't treat you, I would run fast to another clinic!! They have no right to tell you that you must do anything!! You have rights! Please look at the Pain Patients Bill Of Rights!!
    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Oh, also, I now have the Morphine Pump Implant and I am still currently on the Patches as well as a lot of Lortab and Somas every day. It's working, but it takes a while till we can get it to the correct dose :) I wish you good and pain free days!
    diane "

2. Shelbyeatenton

bump to try and attract themoodyone attention....

or indeed anyone else who can help with this matter?

Many thanks shelby xxx
  3. pj13

pj13 New Member

I have taken these in the past without any difficulty. I did have to increaase my dose as ordered by my doctor to 100 micrograms every 72 hours. I also had the patches come off every once in a while and also received free covers from Janssen. Diane is exactly right, these are for chronic pain only, and so you will go through withdrawal if you suddenly stop them. I still had to take pain meds,etc, for breakthrough pain,Lortab and Soma. I did eventually change from duragesic to Oxycodone because my insurance would only cover the generic form of Duragesic. My doctor stated she'd read a study showing that the generic patches didn't always keep a steady state in the bloodstream, but rather "dumped too much med at once and wasn't consistent dose." If I could take the brand name would probably still be on them. Good Luck!

pj
  4. Shelbyeatenton

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

Can you give me any insight on whether the free patches, mentioned in my original post, can be shipped to the UK? also what the "translated" phone number would be that i am to dial from the UK? I don't know dialling codes?

I very much have chronic pain, like pretty much everyone here. I am however in a wheelchair due to the pain and the weakness Fibromyalgia has caused me. I have tears rolling down my face just now because after only, what 3 days? i have seen a mass improvement in my pain!

Please can you tell me what the brand name of the drug is? and what the generic? I thought they were the same drug just with a marketing name that's perhaps easier to pronounce. (is my stupidity coming through?)

Thanks for any help you can pass on, I apologise for my emotional outburst!

Shelby
    xx