To those doing TRIGGER POINT mashing...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Oct 21, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I need some validation and encouragement. I'm working on the LQ muscles, that attach between the hip bones and the lowest ribs, and it HURTS!!! big time hurts. It does help, too, with the back pain, so obviously it's the right point to work, but I have to work up to each mashing session. I'm only doing about 2 or 3 a day, can't fit anymore in, nor can I make myself do more. It's going to take a long time to clear these points. I will continue, because it is helping, but I need encouragement. Please?? Have you encountered intense pain with the trigger points too? These bring tears to my eyes.

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

I need some validation and encouragement. I'm working on the LQ muscles, that attach between the hip bones and the lowest ribs, and it HURTS!!! big time hurts. It does help, too, with the back pain, so obviously it's the right point to work, but I have to work up to each mashing session. I'm only doing about 2 or 3 a day, can't fit anymore in, nor can I make myself do more. It's going to take a long time to clear these points. I will continue, because it is helping, but I need encouragement. Please?? Have you encountered intense pain with the trigger points too? These bring tears to my eyes.

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

but today i haven't done it once, really bad day. i am so glad you can realize some relief, that is great. of course you don't want to stop, maybe just a little restbit!

my neck is still like rope but can still feel those little pin heads pop. i had real bad headaches last week, but last 2 days ok, so maybe it is helping with that problem.

i mash while laying on my matt, take a little longer between mashes and breath, thus gaining a little meditation in there too.

your mashin buddy, fibolady
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I haven't gotten the nerve up to work on the 'pinheads' in my intercostal muscles. They hurt too much. Gosh, I sound like such a wimp! Anyway, we can be sisters in self inflicted pain. At least it's for a good end result.

Beth.