To those that do not post as often as you used to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Oct 16, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I have gotten so much from this board.When someone doesn't post anymore I wonder what is going on their life.

I just read what is here and take what I like and leave the rest.

Yes, a few times I have felt like i have been bitten on the back of the neck and shaken a little.I just let it go.

I found a lot of support and good on here, it highly over rates any bite I have recieved.

I try to keep things positive. Dianne

2. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

Have you found this board a bit quieter these days. I used to have lots of replies, but hardly any lately. I have found this board very supportive, especially because you cannot discuss with the so called "normals", who very curtiously nod their head as they listen to you about how you are feeling, but you know full well, that they don't have a clue what you are going through. We can compare on this site, and clarify things, that way you know you don't need to be carted off in a straight jacket yet. Fibrohugs charlie.
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

I've been here for years... But I've never been a massive poster.
    I don't post socially, just when I see something that I feel that I have something to contribute to, or when I have a question myself ;)
    It's not to intentionally snub people, it's just the way I've always been ;)
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I haven't been posting as much as I used to either.

For me, I miss some of the regular folks who also aren't posting as much. But I am also extremely busy lately and have been feeling a bit better and getting things done.

That's the downside of feeling better....chores just pile up and suddenly you notice everything that needs to be done.

So many of my days are spent in frustration with my daughter being mentally ill. Since I'm the one home with her all day, I get all of the crap that comes with it. So it's not unusual for me to pop on and read posts, but just not be in the mood for light banter.

I'm sure there are reasons for the others too...and maybe they're feeling better too.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I have step back a little myself, it was to easy to sit here all day with the thing on my lap and read all day.

My goal, once I finally settled my mothers house, then remodel my house was to settle down in to my art.

I made my first peice in almost year in the last 2 weeks. It brought back creative juices, it wasn't quite like a riding a bike. I was working with a type of glass I have never used. It was a challenge, and I over came it.

Final touched tommorrow and I will post a pic,

When I do visit I have been chatting one the porch light vol.

I have also have been haveing headached reading. My glasses have changed and after 30 minutes or so the headache starts. I can't get in to eye dr till Dec 13.

So I have spent far less time than I have in the past, I am not cured by any means. I just have to hand my spoons out carefully so I can make the most of my day.

I found myself spending way to much on the the computer and was acccomplishing nothing, So I check in the morning the porch and a quick look at the first page then go on and work on my dogs and my art. Then maybe check in later that night. As much as I love you guys here I need to live my productive life while I can. it won't last forever

The hard problem of being a between person, that is how I feel, is prioritizing. I am cable of doing many things, but not all of the all the time. I want to make a stained glass window. I did not sweep,dust, clean in anyway ecxept dishes in the diswasher. I just let it all go eating or dringking Ensure, ice cream and oartmeal and cut glass.

I will finish it tomorrows

What did you do with your snuff cans? Carla
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello Dianne,

I suppose I'm guilty of this. I honestly do not do this intentionally but have a couple of reasons.

The main reason I decreased my time here was my computer was SO slow and I don't have dsl, etc. I would sit much longer than I would read and type, just waiting.

The other reason is that physically and emotionally, everything seems to be even worse now. My ups and downs are more frequent.

However, I had a laptop that I wasn't using because I don't like the mouse but got it out one day and signed on; realized it's much faster than the desktop so that's why I'm here now. I have been getting on a little more lately.

I do apologize to everyone because I appreciate everyone on this board so much and also get so much wonderful information from everyone.

I'm signing on a little more now but would like to purchase "real" mouse for this pc, if you know what I mean.

Have a nice evening,

BlueSky555
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have been a member here for over three years.

I will tell you one thing that causes me to back off from the board - when I (and many others) spend alot of time answering someone and they don't even come back and read the posts, respond or acknowledge they read the responses.

Lastly, I just get busy sometimes. Also, I guess sometimes we just have to take a break from the board.

I do notice sometimes there are some members who ask for help and get tons of response but never seem to offer help to others. I know it is a effort, but in a way it is nice to give back sometimes.

I do understand all the reasons why we have to back off sometimes.

I don't expect someone to personally address everyone who responds, just a simple "thanks everyone" would let us know they even read the answers.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

I sort of go in spurts, depends on how I feel.

I always figure replies will help somebody even if maybe the original poster didn't come back or didn't find it helpful, altho it's nice to be acknowledged...

but I also know that there are days that I feel bad and/or have to be involved with other things so don't have time to read/post or even respond at times to posts made to me, sometimes for days at a time. Also have a bad memory at times about what I've even posted!

AND last but not least, I agree with Carla... I almost always end up here for more time than I intended... so am working to time it so I am free to stay caught up with other things.

all the best,
    Victoria

9. petsrme

petsrme Member

I don't post as much. I just can't. Like most of us, I have days when I can't do much at all. I feel enough guilt for not doing as much with my family. I get lectures from my mom, brothers and others. I sure don't want to feel guilty for not posting here a lot since I get that everyday in my life. I am sorry if I don't, but I just don't know what else I can do.
  10. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

When I first came here, 6 years ago, I lived on this board.
    I got on first thing in the early am, as I usually wake up between 12-3am.
    I would try and answer every post, it was a much smaller board then.

But as time went by, and I was able to do my chores again, and I also able to get back to working on the Family Album.

I find that I enjoy the board more, when I mostly read, it's hard to type a lot these day's.
    I have CT, and the right hand never healed right from a surgery, and I have OA with Cysts on the fingers, so I did cut way back on my typing.

I am so touched by some members posts that I will Pray for them all day, because I can't get them off my mind.

Now the board is so Huge, it's hard to keep up, and I sometimes go for days with out posting, but I do read as much as I can.
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

While the board is a great place to come for a break, I'm happy to see people realizing that sitting in front of the computer most of their day isn't healthy physically or mentally.

Our body needs to move, even if it hurts to move it. People spend hours on the computer, then complain in later posts about pain in their back and hips. Been there, done that.

Regardless, everyone here is my hero!

Marta
  12. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am sorry for being so touchy. I guess I was the only one who took this as an insult or negative. I need to stop being so sensitive.
  13. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Dianne,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I left the board for about a year and a half after posting pretty regularly and just came back fairly recently. I recognized many names/people still here from years ago, and yet I don't think anyone remembered me at all because when I came back, not even one person said ANYTHING about me being gone. Fibro fog perhaps.

However, a guy came back after not posting for a long time and some folks sure remembered him and welcomed him back. Oh well, I guess that's how it goes! My only beef with this board is that I spend time to write thoughtful responses to people and some of them can't even give me the courtesy to acknowledge it.

*If they acknowledge no one, I assume they are sick or fibro fogged, and that's very understandable. HOWEVER, if they only acknowlege the responses they like, that's not nice. They should acknowledge everyone who took the time out of their day to help them out. A simple "thanks everyone" would be nice. It's happened enough times that I make mention of it. Nothing is perfect, but manners are nice! Thank YOU for keeping it positive!!

Warmly, Erika :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
  14. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

Thank you all for responding to my post. I agree that we do things as we can.

I wasn't beating up on anyone for not posting.I had to slow down a while myself. When the weather got a little cooler I had so much to get done that i couldn't do while it was hot.

I wish you all well on projects you are working on.

Much support and hugs from here.atiledsner
  15. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

16. jenemc

jenemc New Member

i just am not a big poster, i come on everyday and read, just don't post. i am a member of others and am the same way. guess thats just the way some of us are.

jennie
  17. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I used to post regularly. I've been sicker. I can't focus as well to read and write, it's harder to sit up. I can't think straight. I love being here, but there are many things I love to do that I can no longer do. I'm glad I can still come a little.

((love)) Shannon
  18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

some a busy working, going to classes, being parents, or out having some fun, going to dr's, and i have to watch myself when and how much i can do in reality i shouldn't be typing period.

but soon enough i will have my tennis elbow surgery and the carpal.

now i am dealing w/a leaking hose in my car radiaotor.
    trying to figure out if i can get it fixed in time before i have to be a school for a class at noon and a test at 2:30.

plus i am learning to retype for someone here on the board they complained about how i was typing.

so if it might make that one person happy i will try it.
    but really don't like it. it is even more difficult to read.

i was using breaks in my replies or post so people could read easier. well you can't keep everyone happy.

got to now

jodie
  19. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Please don't feel guilty...it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

I know I just miss some of the familiar names that I used to see and can no longer keep up with all the newbies.

Jodie, who in the world would complain about your typing??? I'm trying to figure out how they could do this?

For me, the words 'bite me' come to mind, but that's just me.

I know you're busy, just hope you're feeling better to go along with it.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  20. petsrme

petsrme Member

Thanks Brooksie. I reread the post this morning and realized that Dianne didn't mean it to sound the way I took it at all. Sorry for that Dianne. I do miss people when they don't post. I worry about them. Has mayline posted lately? I just realized I hadn't read her post lately. Hope you all had a good day.