To those to have housing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Next week I will have officially NO income. I'm applying for everything I can possibly get.

My question is about Section 8 housing. My mortgage is probably less than some of the Section 8 housing around here. Have you ever heard of them giving you assistance with something like my mortgage? It sounds silly, I know, but I don't understand why I should move into something that's probably more expensive if they only contributed a little to the mortgage.

I'm scared to death. I was in a fatigue flare all week. I think it's because things are coming down to the wire for me. Even selling the house right now would be rough. In the half mile stretch from my house to the main road there are 7 houses for sale... that's just 1/2 mile! I have an old home, one bedroom, and I have a cesspool instead of a septic system, so I would have to fix that before I could sell the house.

Love you guys!
    Tigger
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I believe they view morgage as housing costs just like rent costs. The only thing is it has to pass housing inspection. Lights, water, windows, home safety have to pass. No chipping paint, etc. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

If you have no income at the day of application you sign a piece of paper with a housing notary to claim "no income". That should possibly squeeze you into getting assistance quicker.

Good luck!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Oh, Tigger

I am so sorry to hear of your plight. We live in such a strange world. CEOs of companies that are losing money are paid millions while otherj people have nothing.

I don't know anything to help, but I hope the suggestions from others will be of some use to you.

Good luck.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you need to contact your local housing authority...

each county can divey them up in different ways..

for instance august 23.2006 i had my interview and had to bring in more papers to get my voucher...

they a scarce in my county but in some of the outskirts of other areas you are more likely to get them sooner...i have been waiting 5 years....

i got points because i was married at the time and my then hb is a veternan..5 extra points..i got points for being nearly homeless based on income...i got pts. for being disabled...didn't matter if ssa had approved it yet or not...i was getting disability payments...

but as far as them taking over your mortgage payment, it may be unlikely....

they have a program for using your voucher for rent first. for the first 12 months...then after that you can use it towards a mortgage payment...

another tip is to say your living w/friends and are homeless...they give you priorty for the homeless...so you would need to get a po box and use that as your mailing address...and change all bills as that as well...

i have been getting tips or hints to do that for years...but i have to be mis honest...

i get pts. because i have a child...if i were a senior 62 years or older they put you at the top of the list...

and go through public mental health and they can get you vouchers...

don't tell the housing aurthority these things or tips you have heard...the try to keep things quiet...

our county got caught a couple years ago from hud by giving out too many vouchers to different agencies...so we got fined like 350,000.00 so they have been waiting to recycle vouchers...

you can not have a felony ///so they say...but i have seen neighbors that have theres commit felony's but i guess it is about getting caught...

if i were you put your name on any and all section 8 waiting list and low income housing...then i would probably would sell your home...then you can save up for another one..and then use the voucher to purchase a new home...

google your local county housing authority...it should give you some info on programs...

also there are voucher for people on tanf possibly general assistance..

jodie