To those who POST THREADS, and newbie's feeling left out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, Oct 10, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that there are some disgruntle new people, and i'm very sorry for that.

I just would like to share something i have noticed, there are many threads, and some of them crys for help, posted usally, but not always, by newer people,

and they will get lots of answers, and advice, and sympathy, Which is a effort for us sickys. Ever time i post, or respond, it take emotional, and physical effort for me.

What i see is that the original poster, never comes back to there own post, and acknowlede all the great responses.

Or they will pick out just one, and ignore all the others.
    If you are tired or overwelm, it still doesn't take much, just to say "thanks everyone" so responders at least know it was read.

also, you do have to hang around abit, and get a feel for thing before giving up.

It is easy to over look someone there are a lot of new people coming in.

Most of us say we have been here for a year, before really settling in and feeling established.

I guess, the best advice i could give, is make this your "own" place, and you will make friends, jump in, join in, and be apart of things.

I have felt ignored at times, but i don't take it personally, and i have those i know will be here for me now, and me them.
    Besides, i will take being ignored, intentionally, or unintentionally, for that single one person i do connect with, it's just so much fun when, "bam" you know you've connected with a fellow soul who speaks your language!

And sometimes you don't bump into that person for awhile and sometimes you do. After a year being here, i now have three personal email address from people on here.

And consider many family.

Blessing to all!
    Remember, what you bring with you to a gather is usally what you get in return!
    Smile!

[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  2. 1faith

1faith New Member

I found this site a week or 2 ago and I believe it was divine intervention for me! Every question I've had someone was kind enough to answer. I've learned TONS of stuff from reading old posts. I have never felt ignored. Knowing the effort it really does take to even type sometimes-I realize that every answer that's made to a post is an act of kindness. So I'd just like to say thanks to all-and to fellow newbies we have to consider these "old timers" feel as bad (or worse) than we do. Be patient and read the old posts :).
  3. morningsonshine

You are a wise person, there is volumes of information to be learned in old post!

Excellant info, to search for! Look under Stormyskye name.

I'm glad you are enjoying it here!

Misty
    P.S. i've only been here a year, so i don't feel i qualify for "oldtimer" status, but i'm comfortable, and know my way around.
    I've got copy and pasting down!LOL[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  4. 1faith

1faith New Member

there are thousands of stormyskye posts! dang!
  5. morningsonshine

Yes, but it's worth looking thourgh some of them, Look under things like; my protoccol, or my remission, or the shake.

Maybe that will help some, i just know i have alot of her info. she posted copied off, i should go looke at the headings of some.

6. morningsonshine

Your positive confirmation is appreciated, you both are well know around here.

Prickles, good advice, everyone know you, don't they??LOL

Carla-nl, three years! Holy Cow you are an "old timer"!
    Just funnin.

I think some have been here for 6 or more years, like mikie, and stormyskye?

We should have a post, and see just who has been here longest! What date did the board even start?

Blessings
  7. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Morningsonshine this is a good post. There is old one that's similar but I don't remember from who, maybe Prickles? It too has a lot of good tips.

I'm still a newbie and why I wouldn't say there are cliques, there are people who have gotten to know each other well over the months or years and quite naturally they tend to "chit-chat" more with one another.

This is perfectly natural and shouldn't be considered rude in any way. Us newbies need to just be patient, post a lot and realize that almost everyone here is sick. None of us has the energy to respond to every post we'd like to. Also this is a huge board and with our notorious memories it's not always possible to recognize someone new.

The best thing to do is introduce yourself (which I didn't) and fill out your profile.
    Shar
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

Thank you for your post. I am new to this board. I usually post on the arthritis board. I have asked questions and I have never felt ignored. I have received responses to my questions. I do notice that this is an extremely busy board. It takes a while to get through the posts. I find it is impossible to answer all the posts. Like you said if everyone could be a little patient. There may be a post I can't deal with now but tommorrow is another day I might be in a better state to answer. I am sure others feel the same way. I also agree that if the person posting would say thank you that would encourage us. I guess what I am trying to say is that we are all in the same boat and we are trying to help each other out the best we can so lets be gentle with each other and I certainly don't feel there are any cliques and if there are I don't want to know about it. I also agree that eventually you do find a few people you connect with but I don't consider that a clique. I think some peoples expectations might be a bit too high. NUF said. I hope I don't sound cranky. I need you all and value what each one has to say. Thanks to all who have answered my posts and encouraged me during the first couple of weeks.
    Cath
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

MorningSS. Many of us have been ignored, misunderstood and insulted by doctors, friends, family, etc. We certainly don't want to do that to people here.

I have so little energy due to CFS I seldom leave the house. My social life is mostly e mails and this message board.

I ALWAYS say welcome to new people. I do not respond to every post because often a post is about a specific topic (maybe a certain medicine) I have no info on.

The general rule seems to be the more you post, the more responses you get.

Here's something that might make you smile. Guy goes to the doctor.

"I've got this terrible brain fog. My memory is really bad. And, um, Oh yeah, my memory is really bad."

10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...and the rest of that joke could be. "I guess I really should go and see a doctor instead of visiting you. Who ARE you by the way!!!"

Love Anne

Yes, it does help if people do a quick acknowledgement-doesn't have to be individual but a group "thanks for the replies" helps. Plus if you see any OT (off topic) posts pleasae feel free to jump in, or if someone posts OT Cromwell for e.g. you can jump in too. Everyone can open everyone's mail here.
  11. morningsonshine

Rockgor, you even got a giggle out of me!

Prickles, sorry someone was rude to you! I can't even imagine that, I still love that jumpsuit you wear, that makes me smile, just looking at it. Not everyone could get away with wearing something like that, but you do it great.

Shar, caffey, and cromwell, thank you for your input.

Everyday, can be so different, somedays i post alot, others i just read, and sometime i just don't come on at all because i'm to icky feeling.

Because i find help and support, it's fun to give it back to others.

I also love the worship board, and caring hearts over there.

MorningSS
    Misty
  12. llama

llama New Member

Hi Prickles and to all:

As I've mentioned before I'm relatively new at responding, I generally don't have anything I think is "worthy" of starting a thread yet.

I have to say (not to exclude anyone...because everyone seems incredibly nice and compassionate) that I have so much respect and admiration for Prickles. For being so young and having to deal with so much is incredible!

But, I mainly wanted to thank you and all for trying to help us newbies feel welcome. Let's face it we have all been new to something or somewhere before and you can't immediately expect to know all the little "inside" jokes or just the general mood of the group, so you just have to jump in and hope for the best!

I plan on just keep enjoying this group of people and responding when I feel I have something to add. Rarely have I ever been rejected if I've kept a smile on my face and warmth in my heart.
    Thanks to all..................Jill..............
  13. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I am not always "on" the boards depending on where I am at in my life. I have had problems trying to hold onto some jobs with my limitations, but I have always received heartfelt advice when I am in a dilemna, when I have choices to make.

Who else but other fibromytes can empathize? This site is a haven for us.

Keep coming back, let yourself be known. You will be blessed.

Patti

14. morningsonshine

Good information! thanks,
    Also liked your web, put it in my favorites, good job!
  15. sweetpea48

sweetpea48 New Member

I'm new, too. I'm here primarily to try to figure out what's wrong with me, so I am mostly just reading, though I have posted a few times.

This is such a busy board that it is a little daunting, though wonderful!

I'm sort leery of asking a question because I'm afraid that when I am able to get back to the board to read replies that I won't be able to find it, there are SO many posts! Sometimes it's a couple of days before I get back here.

It really is a wonderful board.
  16. johnston

johnston New Member

was acknowledged or assumed that you would read all the responses. I hope I show gratitude, but I usually only respond to something that triggered a thought (because of the effort it takes to respond---hurting and tired but still responding)...Also, if it is personal and seems finalized/answered, why respond and bump it back up? Just a thought as a "newbie". Rhonda