To those who said a prayer for my father...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Jan 1, 2003.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Thank you. My dad's condition suddenly worsened last week. On Monday he was walking and talking and eating, and on Tuesday he wasn't. I asked him to hold on until Saturday when my sons could get there, and he did. He passed on Saturday afternoon, Dec. 28. It was time, I suppose, and we certainly didn't want him to continue in the painful and mind-numbed from drugs condition he was in, but it is still hard, still does not seem real yet. It was so fast... My sisters and I have spent time and nights with our Mom, to make sure she was not alone, from when Dad got so bad through now. The memorial service is tomorrow, and if I can I will say a little piece I wrote tonight, if I am not crying too much.

The truly weird thing is that the FMS seems to have gone into remission, at least while I needed to be healthy and strong. It returned a little yesterday, and I keep waiting for it to land on my head again. I did double the Prozac from 20mg to 40mg, so maybe that is part of it, but I truly don't know. After all this is over, my new nurse practitioner (yep, I finally changed doctors!) wants me to start on Effexor, to try to control night sweats. Not a good idea to change meds in the middle of a crisis, though.

So, one more crisis in my life. I miss my Dad, truly I do.

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I just want to say, I`m sorry you lost your dad. I lost my
    dad three years ago and I still miss him alot. Its very hard to watch them suffer. The only comfort I found in
    the passing is that they were no longer suffering and are
    home in Heaven with God.

Get some well deserved rest. Light a candle in his memory
    and try to remember the good times. He will always be around you in spirit.
  3. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

and I will pray for you to stay strong thru all you must face. I think God probably had a hand in the fact that your FM has eased during all of this...he DOES work in mysterious ways...I truly believe this and know it from my own experiences...God bless you and your family.

1Writer

4. jolly

jolly New Member

Just turned on the computer and saw your message. I'm so sorry you're suffering right now and your family, too.
    Keep remembering him and talking about him. It will help. Thank God your body has cooperated through this. Again, I'm so sorry to know that you're sad right now. Jo Ellen
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. You know, I think the remission you are experiencing is not uncommon in times where incredible strength and energy is required to get through the crisis. I hope it lasts a while, knowing that you are feeling grief yourself, and supporting your Mom and other family members, too. Again, I am truly sorry; I know your father's passing was expected, but that never makes it any easier. I will be thinking of you....

Healing Hugs,
    Pam
  6. starstella

starstella New Member

about your father. I was thinking about leaving you a message today (I changed my screen name to starstella from cls, didn't like using initials) to ask you how it was returning from work. I'm glad that your father was able to hang on until your sons could say goodbye. My father in law died suddenly like that also, and although it is a shock to have a death happen so quickly, you will have to comfort in knowing that he did not linger and suffer. I'm sure that your family leaned especially hard on you during this time due to your medical background. I'm glad that you were able to be physically strong for them.
    Maybe your medical practitioner change and the medication change is part of "the grand plan from above" to give you the strength to help your mother in the coming months.
    I'll get in touch again.
    Connie
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's death. Even though it was in some ways a relief for him to not be in that condition any longer, the loss this creates in your life and those of your family members will take time to heal. Allow yourself that time and find special ways to keep his memory alive.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Barbara

[ advertisement ]