to those who want to know how i lost 70lbs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Aug 22, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i had reached a point in my life where i had to make a choice.did i wanted to be thin more than i wanted to eat junk.i realize i was eatting just to eat. i wasnt even hungry most of the time.

i made healther choices with my food lots of veggies. portion control was next i eat out of a very small bowl this way if i want seconds i can havesome

i exersiced but i cant do this anymore.i eat all day long but just very small meals hope this helps charlene
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

That is what I am doing. I had gastric bypass surgery in 1999 and lost 150 then I gained back 50. Started Weight Watchers, however, that got to expensive. Decided to do exactly the same as you. Smaller meals more often, about 5-6 a day. I choose lean meats, fresh veggies and fruits and try and stay away from alot of refined foods.

I am still able to walk, so the dog and I go for a 20-30 minute walk. While she is doing her business a do some tummy/butt squeezes.

3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i could at least walk i use to walk everyday i can barely make it up and down the driveway. i miss it so much charlene
  4. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

This method seems to be working for me, too. I haven't lost much, but it's so gradual. I've heard that's the best way. It's just not the weight loss, I've also lost some body fat.

I've been trying this for only a short time and I've noticed my adrenals have stopped being so active, too (cortisol).

Exercise and my body don't get along well at all.
  5. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Charlene,
    Congratulations!! How wonderful that you lost those 70 pounds. Now, I hope you never find them again. They are gone!!
    I need to lose the exact amount that you did and I think getting your advice was the best thing for me. I need a great deal of encouragement as I am sure you did too. Exercise is a no-no for me too. I used to walk 3 miles a day and just can't anymore. It hurts.
    Anyway you must be thrilled with your progress and again, I congratulate you and like your suggestions. They make lots of sense.
    Blessings,
    Arlene
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

asking about your weight loss...you may disregard that! Thanks for the response. Terri