To those with a pituitary tumor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HurtsToMove, Jan 18, 2007.

1. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Do you think or know whether the tumor is causing all your symptoms?

2. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

and see if I can find any info concerning the tumors. So I guess if they find one in me that removal isn't an option? I'm probably getting ahead of myself here....after all, I don't even get the MRI til Monday!

I'll just wait for the test results for now, and take it from there.
  3. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

Like Wakemeup said, it's hard to say whether the p tumor is the "cause" of CFIDS/M.E. symptoms for us, but it's certainly not helping. I have M.E., FM/MPS complex, now Lyme, etc.

I've had a pituitary tumor for at least seven years, but the radiologist didn't catch it until my wonderful neuro told him to focus on looking at the pituitary/hypothalamus area.

I suffer from chronic, incessant head pain/pressure, so I told my neuro that I wouldn't be surprised if I had a brain tumor. It was after that comment that the radiologist listened to my neuro and saw a very small 2-3mm pituitary tumor.

It's too small to be removed, but as Wakemeup said, it totally screws with our hormone levels. lol I can't say for sure if it's causing my incessant head pain. My neuro doesn't think so nor do I but who knows anymore.

Keep us posted. If you do have a pituitary tumor, mass, etc., make sure to get it checked every six months to make sure it hasn't grown.

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)