To Twinma

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Mar 27, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I enjoyed seeing your twin girls. I have twin boys, supposedly fraternal, that just turned 11 last week. We were just noticing recently how much they do look alike. I doubt we would do the DNA test, just say they are fraternal.

How is your footpad research going? I'm considering trying them for my son, who is 18 and won't like it one bit. But, hey, we'll try it if it helps. He needs help with concentration and memory for his school. He did not have stellar grades for the last quarter, so I'm hoping this one goes better. He has adrenal insufficiency and is taking Cortef (I believe you are too). He takes 20 mg. daily and I think it has helped him to be more balanced. He didn't get sick with anything last quarter, so something has improved his stamina. I'm also starting him back on an oral EDTA, to further pull mercury out of his system. That one is also a prescription.

Have a good day! Terri
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Twins are a blast, aren't they (at least MOST of the time!)

We DNA tested the girls when they were babies, just because I wanted to know for sure. As I recall, it wasn't that much. I know it was under $100. It was a cheek swab.

I have to make this short, as I am going SKIING today! Thankfully, I am having a pretty good day so far. I was worried about how I would feel.

I updated my foot pad info on my Detox Foot Pads thread. Check it out. You might want to try some on your son. You could start off with a small order of 20 pads. My first order was 60 pads for $50. I figured I wanted to give it a month to see if they made a difference. I'm feeling better in the mornings when I wake up. Due to foot pads? I don't know.

Yes, I think the Cortef has been a very good thing for me.

Gotta go ski! I'll check back on the board tonight!

Katy
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

You and Skierchik should get together...she also loves skiing and lives in CO.

I will check your other post about footpads to see who you order them from. Sounds pretty painless. My son had a sleep study last week and we won't hear anything back for at least a month. Wouldn't it be nice if they found something treatable?? I will just have to be patient.

He started back in tennis class yesterday and loved it. It's good therapy for him! Take care, Terri
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

It was a really fun day. I haven't been skiing for 15 years and now this year I've been twice! That's amazing for me. Just a year ago, I would never have dreamed that I'd ever ski again. Getting better is good!

My calves are sooo sore, though!! Ouch!

I can't believe you have to wait a whole month to get results on your son's sleep study! I'm glad you got that done, though. Hopefully it will shed some light on that piece of the problem. Getting sleep in order is crucial.