To TWINMA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Jul 9, 2006.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I'm so sorry about your Mom. I understand what you are going through. My Dad had Alzheimer's for many years until he died from complications in 1993. I felt as you did when it was near the end of his life. It was so hard because I kept grieving off and on during this entire time when he was ill.

The last day of his life my brother drove from Durango the day before. When he arrived he walked into his room and put his arms around my Mom and then my Dad literally took in his last breath and died peacefully. I really believe he was waiting to see all of us one last time.

I will be praying for you during this difficult time.

Laura
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience with your Dad. Alzheimer's is a brutal disease. It steals so much.

I know what you mean about grieving off and on. I, too, have done that for years. But now the reality of it actually being the end is hitting me harder than I expected. Of course, she may bounce back and keep going for months. But I doubt it. My Dad passed away in 1997, and she has missed him dearly since then. I know she just wants to be with him again.

It was a special gift to be able to see your Dad one last time before he died. He truly was waiting for all of you to be together.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.