To Vonda.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SaraD, Nov 8, 2002.

1. SaraD

SaraD New Member

Vonda, I read one of your responses to a post. I just wanted to say that your situation is almost identical to mine. I also filed for SS in about May of 2001, denied twice, got a lawyer and had my hearing August 2nd, and run to the mailbox daily. So it took you from June to now to get a response??? I heard they had 120 days to get you a decision.
    Anyway my second question was about Unum.... I actually worked for them for 9 years, and the reason I pursued the SS is because after they paid me for 18 months for LTD, they called and said, well your not receiving treatment and you can care for your children so you must be better. They offered me a chance to come back and I refused so they denied my claim. I am now seeking action against them as I hear many have had similiar situations with them. Just wondering if you have fought any further with them. I am aware of an attorney here in Maine that is working hard to get many people acknowledged... If you would like to email me I am at SaraDavison@juno.com Thanks for listening!!!
    Sarad
  2. SaraD

SaraD New Member

Vonda, I read one of your responses to a post. I just wanted to say that your situation is almost identical to mine. I also filed for SS in about May of 2001, denied twice, got a lawyer and had my hearing August 2nd, and run to the mailbox daily. So it took you from June to now to get a response??? I heard they had 120 days to get you a decision.
    Anyway my second question was about Unum.... I actually worked for them for 9 years, and the reason I pursued the SS is because after they paid me for 18 months for LTD, they called and said, well your not receiving treatment and you can care for your children so you must be better. They offered me a chance to come back and I refused so they denied my claim. I am now seeking action against them as I hear many have had similiar situations with them. Just wondering if you have fought any further with them. I am aware of an attorney here in Maine that is working hard to get many people acknowledged... If you would like to email me I am at SaraDavison@juno.com Thanks for listening!!!
    Sarad
  3. vonda

vonda New Member

Hi Sarad.

I am sorry that I haven't responded earlier its' just been a hectic time. To answer your question, I tried to appeal Unum's decision on my LTD and they had all the financial backing and the the big name lawyers so I didn't stand a chance in hell. I just called this week to have them send me a statement of benefits that they did pay to me and still have yet to hear from them and this was Monday. Left them messages after message so I guess I'll call my lawyer and have him run interference for me. It's just so sad that when you are this sick that these companies take advantage and pull out all their big guns. I wish you luck with this company and from what I can gather from reading other financial business information, Unum is not a nice company. Once again, good luck. Take care. Hope to see you on the board or you can email me at jalen68@msn.com. Bye

[ advertisement ]