To who posted about exercise balls

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I brought the idea up for exercise to my boys.. And they said they use the balls in gym class, and the sports teams do too at practices, workouts. They said they would show me some moves on it. LOL.

Thanks for bringing that form of exercise up. I think it was talked about on tight muscle posts.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

"I could be king if I had to" (two) Get it? OK, so much for tasteless humor.

It was I who posted about the Gaiam balls from Target. They come with a video which is very good. The ones from Wal-Mart only come with a chart. As with all these kinds of exercises, form and breathing are really important. The tapes are nice because they tell you and show you the proper form and breathing.

Some people use the balls to sit on while working on their computers. Buy a large ball and don't blow it up until it is too firm or it can shoot out from under you, especially if your balance isn't the best.

Have fun.

Love, Mikie
  3. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

There are three sizes. I was also shown a wonderful way to use the balls as a way to take pressure off the spine and help my pain level decrease quite a bit for the time I was doing the "ball sway" with my legs. It was great.

Lynda B.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I bought the small one because of the chart on the box which said it was the right size. It was too small. I also bought the large size and it works well for most of the exercises. I use the small one for when I lie down on the floor and hold the ball between my legs.

BTW, I'm heading to the WPBS TV website to check out their tapes on Complete Stretching. I just saw their show this morning at 6:30 a.m. here. It appears to be the perfect type of stretching exercises for us. There were several tapes offered. I'll report back when I learn more.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The little pumps which come with the balls are pretty lame. I have a small air compressor and it worked great at blowing up the ball. I think it's better to use a larger ball and underinflate it than to use the small balls and overinflate them until they are rock hard. That's when they start taking off like a rock out of a slingshot when you start rolling around on them.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]