To whomever posted psychic question on CFS/FM

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Juloo, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

I was just in the process of answering your post when the post disappeared. I've posted a couple of times on related things in the past, but they disappeared as well. Even when I specifically related the post to CFS, and when I made a point of mentioning a recent scientific study of patients who register on diagnostic equipment as 'feeling' pain that they witness. Please don't feel bad...although, I know I did. It was as if someone decided to dismiss me for experiencing symptoms that they did not -- that it can't possibly be a 'real' problem. But I just had to blow it off. As a CFS patient, I've got lots of practice with people dismissing my experiences, but frustrating that it would happen here, of all places. I did get to read most of the responses to your post, though, and they were very interesting. I hope you got to read them too.

[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2007]
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

I replied to the post you are referring to (I think) and just went to check it and it is GONE!! I'm so frustrated because it took me a long time to type my reply. I even went into my username and viewed posts of mine, and it is not there. I only finished writing it a few minutes before. Very strange!!
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I know exactly what you mean. In case THIS thread disappears next, it was nice talking with you. I also realized that, even though I've been a member since 8/30/2003 and posted close to 1500 times, my profile now shows that I have posted FOUR times. Sometimes I just hate computers! It's kind of I went back and scrolled through all the pages of titles of my posts and saved the titles to a .doc file so that if it all goes south, I can remember the good old days. (My posts haven't disappeared, the counter is just wrong P.S.--The date I joined is wrong, too!)

When I spent time typing everything in, it is frustrating when it disappears in an instant. I've often thought that it might be a good idea to type it in a .doc file then cut and paste. At least that way I wouldn't have to type it again if there was a posting glitch, and I'd have a copy of what I wrote.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2007]
  4. kjade

kjade New Member

I clicked on your username and you do only show 5 posts and 1 thread even though you have TONS! Maybe there's a problem with the board or something. Perhaps the original poster deleted the thread, but I don't know why because I thought it was a great topic.

Maybe tomorrow it will be back. I usually print everything before I even read so I can read things several times. (only do that at work though - printer here doesn't work). OOOOPPS - did I say that?
  5. Juloo

Juloo Member

Between your post and this one, my 'numbers' have been completely revised again!
  6. Juloo

Juloo Member

If I'm on the ChitChat board, the small number comes up. If I'm on the CFS/FM board, the big number comes up. Guess the computer's not so dumb after all, just ME!
  7. Jayna

Jayna New Member

but by the time I had time & knew what I wanted to say, it was gone.

Possibly the same neurotransmitters that let our abnormal pain sensations through are responsible for making us more intuitive or psychic. If so, we might lose those abilities as we get better.
  8. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

High heeled spiked boots for this...

"Big Brother" ...(hey, somebody needs to have some...ummm, better scratch that, don't want to push my luck...If my profile disapears khaly knows how to find long as I don't disappear too.) lol (kind of)

9. mammabek

mammabek New Member

its happened to me too and even when i ask moderator for info about it i get ignored. it usually happens with topics that my comments dont fit the norm, or when we talk about, shall we say..marital relations. i wish they would at least tell you when they pull you. blessings to all
  10. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Butt in any time!