To Yuckie,Abluv,Matthewson, and Prickles.....................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scruffysmom, Apr 7, 2006.

1. scruffysmom

scruffysmom New Member

Hi just thought I'd answer all of you who took the time to email me - thanks so much and big hugs!!!!
    Yuckie: I have remissions, but the flare ups far outnumber the good times. I don't remember what I'm doing, but don't think I'm doing anything different to stir it up or relieve it. Thanks for the thought! smile
    Prickles: I have adjusted my lifestyle too, but am tired of doing it again and again. I'm sure you know what I mean! Thanks for the hi.
    Matthewson: I tried to take 3 or more ultram a day, but felt goofy, loopy, and had insomnia. So, I'm kinda afraid of trying too many. But may have to anyway. Thanks for the info.
    Abluv: I was given elavil when first diagnosed and didn't wake up til 3pm the next day and tried to work that way!!! not fun! The docs have tried all the sleeping pills but none work. I'm so glad that elavil works for you, you are very lucky - Thaks for writing!
    Hugs and Kisses to you all for writing.
    ruth, scruffysmom
  2. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

The first month of elavil I was groggy. They say that's expected when your body is adjusting. However, I wonder how many miligrams they started you on. I only took 10 to start but my body got used to it and eventually doc raised it to 20, then 30, then 40, then 50. I fluctuate between 40 and 60, depending on the situation. I absolutely don't go to sleep before 3 or 4 in the morning if i don't take it, waking up at 7 or 8 - not fun!

I took ambian and melatonin. Both stopped working very quickly and they did not help my pain.

I heard that neurontin is good for pain and insomnia. Maybe our other friends could comment on that....