Today @ 2:00pm PST: XMRV Presentation by Dr. Mikovits

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ProHealth, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

ProHealth and the HHV-6 Foundation are honored to announce that we will host a free presentation & Q&A session by XMRV researcher Judy Mikovits, PhD - to be held in Santa Barbara, CA, and streamed live on Friday, January 22, 2010. Annette Whittemore, Founder and President of the Whittemore-Peterson Institute, will kick off the event.

or go to the home page and click on the XMRV banner.

• Dr. Mikovits

As director of research at the Whittemore-Peterson Institute in Reno, Nevada, Judy Mikovits gained worldwide attention in October with publication of a paper in the journal Science, reporting “Detection of an Infectious Retrovirus, XMRV, in Blood Cells of Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.” To review the article and subsequent media coverage, see “In The News” at

• XMRV Research Continues, Worldwide

Dr. Mikovits' team at Whittemore-Peterson, and collaborating researchers around the globe, are working intensively on next steps in the research – which relates to ME/CFS, fibromyalgia and other neuroimmune disorders, certain cancers, and much more.

• Regarding controversy over a recent UK-based research study claiming to find no XMRV in patient samples...

Dr. Mikovits states vigorously, "You can't claim to replicate a study if you don't do a single thing that we did in our study... Our goal has always been to translate our research into diagnostics and therapeutics for patients... We are still trying to develop drugs to treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. That was our goal, and nothing has changed."

[This Message was Edited on 01/19/2010]

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

should be interesting
  3. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Wow, my hats off to you. Talk about landing the big fish. Congrats.

Now I have to think of questions I might have. (legitimate ones, not just pie in the sky speculation questions)

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This is great - thanks so much -

5. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

6. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

I think I may have been the first to submit a question, after the
    original announcement a few weeks ago...hope it gets some

When will the 'instructions' to join the fun be posted? Please
    give us plenty of time to figure it out, as I for one have never
    done this before.

Way to go!

7. slammed

slammed Member

this is something i don't want to miss, so if anyone knows about the "time slot" for this event, would you please send it along? thanks [2pm]

it will be very informative to learn re. where the development of drugs to treat CFS, and XMRV in particular, currently stands.

add my thank you to our host site, and to Dr. Mikovits[This Message was Edited on 01/21/2010]
  8. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

For this, and for all you do!

9. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I look forward to watching this!! Thanks for all you do!!
  10. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

please visit this page:

You will need to have Adobe Flash Player installed to view the video.

There are download instructions on the page above.

You can also go to the home page and click on the XMRV Presentation banner at the top left of the page.

- ProHealth
  11. hensue

hensue New Member

I hope there is good news as far as the test being validated or something going that way.
    I hope it is not what we have already heard.

Then again there are people that know nothing about the xmrv virus.

Pro Health you are the one! This board has always been a blessing