Today I am digging a spiritual well

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Mar 4, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today I am digging a spiritual well.

How are things going? Are you feeling filled with the Holy Spirit? Are you in communion with the Lord or are you in the midst of a spiritual drought? If you expect to be able to tap into the Holy Spirit and drink of the goodness of the Lord, you will need to do some work underground. You will need to invest time in digging a spiritual well that you can spring from.

Underground work means devoting time each day to spend with God through prayer, reflection, and reading the Word. The more time you spend, the deeper your spiritual well will be. In times of need when you thirst for God, you can draw from the well. He will refresh and restore you as often as you need.

You may have been experiencing a spiritual drought because you were not spending time with the Lord. Now you know that you can tap into Jesus Christ - your source of living water. - Gail Lindsay

"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? John 4:11
  2. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

Wow! very well said!

And yes I am experiencing spiritual drought. As much as I tell myself everyday that I will pray before I begin my day, thru out the day and pray at the end of the day as well as also thank God for all the little blessings along the way, I never seem to get in the habit.

I enjoyed what you wrote...and you definately struck a cord.

I wish all too often that I could attend the adult Worship classes and bible study at my church during the week but because of my schedule, the kiddies and hubbys work schedule, I havent been able to attend.

NOT ONLY AM I EXPERIENCING A SPIRITUAL DROUGHT, I HUNGER, I CRAVE AND AM STARVING FOR A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD LATELY!
    Thank you for your post

-Diane