Today I start an MSG-free Diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glendamarie22, Nov 3, 2002.

1. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

I'll try it for a month or two.....see if it'll help. I have a long article on the theory that CFS may be caused (or at least aggrevated) by MSG poisoning, and I can post it if anyone would like to see it. I haven't read as much about this as I need to, yet - my mom's been the one doing that and she'll help me with it for a few days until I learn all about it myself - but I do know that I'll be eating mainly all-natural, unprocessed foods. I have been so sick lately and not able to get out of bed at all, so if it helps even a little, it'll be worth it. .................................No matter how dull it sounds.
    I'll try to do a weekly update on here, if anyone's interested in following along. Wish me luck!!

Hugs,
    Glenda
  2. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

I'll try it for a month or two.....see if it'll help. I have a long article on the theory that CFS may be caused (or at least aggrevated) by MSG poisoning, and I can post it if anyone would like to see it. I haven't read as much about this as I need to, yet - my mom's been the one doing that and she'll help me with it for a few days until I learn all about it myself - but I do know that I'll be eating mainly all-natural, unprocessed foods. I have been so sick lately and not able to get out of bed at all, so if it helps even a little, it'll be worth it. .................................No matter how dull it sounds.
    I'll try to do a weekly update on here, if anyone's interested in following along. Wish me luck!!

Hugs,
    Glenda
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just stay away from processed foods because it isn't just the MSG, although it's one of the worst excitotoxins for our brains. Artificial sweetners are not good either. Neutrasweet/Aspertame is also one of the worst excitotoxins.

If you shop only around the outside perimiter of the supermarket and buy fresh foods instead of processed, your chances of ingesting harmful chemicals goes waaaaay down.

Keep us updated. We care.

Love, Mikie