Today is Clydesdale Commercial Sunday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LittleBluestem, Feb 4, 2007.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Today is the day that Anheuser-Busch released their 60-second commercial starring the Budweiser Clydesdale 8-horse hitch. It will be during some football game this evening. I am going out to my parents’ house to watch. My Mother doesn’t like me to drive home after dark in the bitter cold, so I will spend the night there.
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Okay I assume you mean during the superbowl. Are you talking about the one with the stray dog? I thought it was probably the best commercial of the game.

I was disapointed that they didn't have any horses playing football like they usually do tho.

3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hi guys,don't know much about horses but was really interested when I saw the post about Clydesdale horses.Do you know they originate from the area I come from,Lanarkshire(just outside Glasgow),previously known as Clydesdale,in Scotland.
    I did a Google & came across a site about Clydesdales,very interesting stuff.
    The site is:

Heres a small clip from it:
    "The Clydesdale is a breed of heavy draft horse developed in the early nineteenth century by farmers in the Lanarkshire (previously Clydesdale) district of Scotland. It was bred to meet not only the agricultural needs of the local farmers, but also the demands of commerce for the coalfields of Lanarkshire and for all the types of heavy haulage on the streets of Glasgow. Due to its fine reputation, use of the breed soon spread throughout the whole of Scotland and northern England.

In the late nineteenth century the popularity of the Clydesdale breed flourished, leading to large numbers of exports to the British commonwealth countries of Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, and to the United States. Today the Clydesdale is virtually the only draft breed in its native Scotland and is still a favorite in all of the aforementioned nations".

Fascinating reading.

[This Message was Edited on 02/05/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2007]
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Shar, Yes, I was talking about the Super Bowl. The one with the stray dog was it. They usually do a sixty second one that features the 8-horse hitch. I was bummed.
    You can see the 2006 Super Bowl commercial at:

PaulMack, Thanks for the interesting site. Grants farm, the estate of the Busch family and original Busch Clydesdale breeding facility is in St. Louis, MO, which is about 4 hours from me.
    Check out:
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thanks for those links,very interesting.The Budweiser Clydesdales look such an awesome sight.