Today is my birthday and no one noticed.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I know the day is not over yet, but I am here at work and for everyone's b-day we decorate their cube and we either buy them a cake or make them one. we'll for the last two years they have always forgot mine. This one not being an exception. My girlfriend here said they would make up for it this year. Blah, blah, blah. That it would not go unnoticed again. Guess what I walked in thinking my cube would be all pretty and everything, but nope they did not do it.
    About two hours into work she e-mailed me and said oh no I can't believe we forgot. I will do it tomorrow for you. I told her no problem. It is eating at me though. I am a good person and I like to have people remember me. I guess I am not memorable.
    I would rather her forget the whole thing now rather than decorate a day late. It is kind of foolish a day late. I guess I should feel it is the thought that counts. What hurts though is the thought was out of mind when it really mattered.

Anyways I am feeling really low today on my birthday. I just want to go home and forget the day happened at all. My family almost forgot too. Not my parents but my own kids and husband.

Oh we'll just another day in my depressing life. I do so much for others and they can't even think of me on one day. I have been on the verge of crying all morning.

Thanks for listening. I am sorry about the pity party.

Hey at least I am putting on my own party, even if it is a pity one. I have a party planned for my girls this weekend, so I guess I will have to enjoy that one.

blessings to you all,
    Christina
  2. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I know how you feel. Having a birthday in December is not good. Everyone is so focused on Christmas and other holiday preparations and festivities they forget those of us who have birthdays.

I'm already hoping people forget mine this year, I turn 29... and I'd like to keep it that way for a few more years!
  3. twerp

twerp New Member

we can all wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Please try to keep your chin up and have a nice celebration with your family tonight.

We care.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I don't blame you for wanting someone to acknowledge your birthday! The day that you came into the world is definitely one to celebrate. I noticed that your daughters are older teenagers - they should know enough to appreciate you by now!

Shame shame for your coworkers!
  5. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

My best friend of over 25 years has forgotten my birthday 2 years in a row. And to top if all off, so did my own brother.

If you would rather she didn't decorate then tell her so.

6. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Yeah it does hurt when people near and dear to you don't remember your birthday! When I used to work, the front office mgr. was responsible for getting the card and someone would make or buy a cake. Birthdays were written on those desk calendars, so you wouldn't forget.

Accept the good intentions of your friend at work, along with the mea culpa's from your co-workers - I agree with the poster who said December is a busy month with so much going on, I don't think your friends would intentionally FORGET your Birthday.

For my hubby of 26 years, I've learned to remind him a week in advance and then with the countdown - If my kids forget, I just tell them in a happy voice "Hey today is Mom's Birthday!"

All I want is the verbal "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" - forget the gifts! I'm 48 now, so gifts have taken a back burner!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIA!!!!

Hugs,
    sunshine8957

7. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I know all of your friends here wish you a happy birthday!

It hurts when we get overlooked, but you are a special person, don't forget that.

Your friend,

Kinsie
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

and dont worry about your workmates.

I have a very close friend who always forgets my birthday but lets me know every year when it's hers, she calls up and tells me. lol. and silly me, I go and buy her a present, every year its the same.

I hope you have a lovely party at the weekend.

love
    Rosie
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

I am sorry that your co-workers were so thoughtless. There is no excuse when they remember everyone else's. December is a very busy month but they should know that already.

Happy Birthday from all your friends at ImmuneSupport.
    Pepper
  10. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US FIBROMITES, AND THEY SAY "WE" HAVE BRAIN FOG !!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/06/2005]
  11. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

You all lifted my spirits. I am reading all these at lunch. I was so bummed until now. Thank you so much for all of you.

I will try to finish this day on a positive instead of the bad things.

I really love this board. I can come here when I am feeling low. Lately all I have done is ask ask ask though. For prayers and for support. I will be better soon. I promise. So then I can get back to supporting all of you, my friends.

I love each and everyone one of you.

12. Empower

Empower New Member

Hi Christina

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am sorry people at work forgot about you. I know how you feel

I always try to remember everyone's birthday and make it special (despite this DD) and mine is mostly forgotten. It does hurt!

Try to rise above it and remember that it is better to give than receive.

Hope your day gets better!
  13. Suzan

Suzan New Member

It is how we treat ourselves..and those we love. If you left that job...how many of those folks would you stay in touch with...probably not too many!
    But..you can see that there are those that do wish you joy on your birthday...and don't let forgetful folks take the fun out of your day!

Make it special for yourself in some way..buy a bouquet for the dining table...take a luxurious soak after work..instead of rushing to make dinner. Tell your family..it is your birthday..and you aren't cooking today!

I hope that you find joy today...revel in the fact that you are alive..and had this day to enjoy!
  14. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

happy B-day!

I worked at a place where they forgot mine 3 years in a row, mine is January 3 when everybody is SICK of holidays and salubrations. The third year I just said "you know, I'm insulted, you guys remember eveybody elses birthday, but ya missed mine 3 times in the row. It's getting personal!"
    Yeah, excuses and all, it still hurts.

Big hugs,

Lena
  15. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND WISHING YOU MANY MORE...
    SHIRLEY
  16. sofy

sofy New Member

Happy Birthday. You made it thru another year and no one even noticed the aging.

All joking aside, dont take it personal. People lives ae so busy that it doesnt suprise me that someone didnt take the time to look at each day and see whose bday it is.

Do you do make sure you recognize everyone in the office on their day? There are some who resent being made to feel responsible for personal issues at a place of business. To each their own!!!

If you want recognition on your birthday, put on a big smile, and make the announcement. "Tomorrow is my birthday and I hope you are all as glad I made it thru another year as I am"

Humor is the best way to deal with most situations in life.
  17. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

your office forgot your birthday two years in a row.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA!

My father has forgotten mine and my twin sister's two years in a row now, but he is 86 years old lol.

18. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

its not a pity party you so deserve your b'day to be given a mention too,especially if everybody else gets all decorated.

you enjoy your party with the girls and while your there who cares that they forgot you because your out having a ball while they are stuck at home.

big hugs and happy birthday
  19. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

I HOPE THE REST OF YOUR BIRTHDAY GETS BETTER. TREAT YOURSELF! Mine is in Dec to so i know what you mean. To much going on for everyone.
    Deb
  20. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Happy birthday! That is really sad when she knew to email you that she did forget and she could have remembered if she had written herself a note. It's not like she is the one with the fibro fog.

I have not been here much since last week as I got a very bad sore throat and it won't go away. Doc says it is a virus.

Anyway, glad I saw you post so I can wish you the best for your day and hope you have a great evening.

Big birthday hugs,
    Faye