Today is the day from ???? well you know!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Nov 24, 2008.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I forgot to change my pain patch last night and that is the last time that will ever happen as I was in bed the entire day and night today!
    My pain is at a 10 which is highly unusual for me and my spirits are suppressed as well......

I feel like I cannot go on when the pain takes me down like this........and crying is all i can do to release the suffering Iam enduring right now....

I have taken all the pain medications that I have available and the most Iam able to do is sit up right now.....

Iam sorry for posting such a negative post but I really need some understanding and acknowledgement.....because it is so hard to not feel alone when I hurt this much!

Thank you for taking the time to read and for caring to those that do!
  2. So sorry,

That IS the scary/downside to those patches,

When I was put on them, I was given a big drug company 'pamphlet'... but, it also contained a cardboard 'day dial', to help remember what day the last patch was change, and you spun the dial around to the next change day.

Not that THAT helped my foggy brain! Probably would have helped to have put it IN my MED BASKET.

I am having really bad brain problems right now, from Lamictal, I had hubby buy me a small note book, that fits in my basket, & a pen, to write down each med, (I take some once a day, some twice a day, and baclofen FOUR times a day- I get really confused as to how many times I've taken the baclofen).

I still have trouble- even with my med basket right near me, if I don't SEE it, and, even when I do, sometimes, I forget to USE the darned notebook!

Not only that, but, I still* need a timer or something, so I could take my medications at the same time, everyday...

I'm working on it, though..

Maybe just writing on a piece of paper, REALLY BIG, when the next change is due, put it in your med basket, heck, post it on your fridge, bathroom mirror, nightstand,

Everywhere you might need to, to remind yourself.

Whatever it takes, to prevent yourself this kind of suffering again.

Take care!

3. gws

gws New Member

my dear, i am so sorry to hear of your pain..

you are not alone, i have been having a hell of a time.

i am not familiar with the patch, as i am severly allergic to fetynal *sp*.

i can tolerate ultram, and i also sometimes forget to take them, until i am going out of my mind with pain.

bottom line...i hate this DD, and i hate that there are so many of us that suffer so with it.

for me, the changes i have had to make, to remove myself from all forms of stress, are so sad and leave me feeling totaly alone.

i understand how you are feeling and i care.
    hang in there sweet Doxy, i will keep you in my prayers.

to remind you to change your patch, possibly a timer of some sort, that will sound when it is time, an alarm, cooking timer, etc.... and the note to self idea,

don't be sorry for feeling the way you do, we have all been there. we are here for you!

love ya
  4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

It is the middle of the night/ morning and Iam finally off to bed...since I was in bed all last night and all day today....I had a hard time getting tired enough to go to sleep now.....

Iam still feeling pretty rotten but perhaps when I wake up I will feel much better!

TY again for taking the time to write to me:)

5. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Dear Doxy

I understand all to well,, I am so very sorry you are going through this . I pray that you feel better !

once the pain gets to this point it is so very hard to get it back under control. I wish I could reach out and give you soft huggles for support and understanding .

I was in tears last night when I finally hit the bed , over did again.. and then this morning my vison is so very blurry ,,, trying to work .. it gets harder all the time , I get so very tired of hurting all the time , so yes I understand all to well

My prayers that you feel better ..... soft huggles for our Doxy .. much love
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

See..that's the kind of pain I'm deathly afraid of. I've been there before and I hate it!! You can't do anything, can't get your mind to go anywhere...

So - help me to understand, if you put a new one on, it doesn't help? I know nothing about them. (obviously) If you forget to change it, feel pain coming back...can you not put a new one long does it take for it to start working?

I'm so sorry you're suffering - I hope that you find relief soon!!!! Please try to sleep!!!
    We are here for you!! I wish I could be there to rub your feet, your back, your legs and talk softly to you, to try to get you to sleep. You know I would in a heartbeat.

Laura, oh do I know about the lamictal "head". I have to write down everything. I cannot remember a goshdarn thing! I have to write down everything. My husband is just staring at me like 'oh you poor thing, you don't remember that we just ate that three hours ago?? not yesterday?" I HAVE to write down my meds when taken- I've got a nice little sheet I start Sunday mornings with columns and all. I could probably market it and sell it - only most people would say "now who needs that? or who in the heck takes that many meds, or who can't remember when they take their meds???" ME!!!!!