Today was all me..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joannie1, Dec 19, 2002.

1. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I am so tired with getting ready for Christmas and with all the medical problems lately I devoted today for "JUST ME" :] My Husbands department party is tomorrow night and I wanted to for a change to look good. I went out and bought not just one pair of comfy jeans {I live in jogging pants due to the back pain.} but I bought three pairs. I also bought a shirt and a sweater not knowing which one I would want to wear tomorrow. {Mood changes alot} I have been contimplating all day whether I should cut my hair. It is dried out and falling out for that matter anyways. So, i thought i would do some more Christmas shopping and think about it. Had a cart full of stuff and thought nope today is for me, not everyone else. I put everything back and I went and got my hair cut. I chickened out about going short but she took one and a half inches off. I think I am going to like it and I am glad that I did this today. I am the one who does everything for everyone in our home and it was nice to have a day to just say to heck with them and today is for me.
    And now I am a little anxious about the party tomorrow too. Wonder what everyone will think to see me alive and within the living again.
    Thanks for listening I just needed to tell somebody. To be honest I think this is the first time in three years that I have done this it is always for everyone else. It really felt good you all should do it once in a while too. I am going to start:}
    Soft Hugs,
    Joannie
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Way to go, girl!!!! Isn't it fun to devote a day to just you? When you're not feeling well, you start to feel bad about yourself. What better way to treat yourself than to go shopping and have your hair done? You have to pamper yourself once in a while! I'm sure you'll be fine at the party. You'll have new clothes on and a new haircut. And don't apologize for how you've been feeling. You don't owe these people anything. Just feel good about yourself!!!!

Annette2
  3. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Good for you...You deserve it! What's even better gift was having the energy to do it. Have fun tomorrow...pace yourself!

I haven't been able to get into the spirit this year, turned down all invites. Maybe next year for me.

It's good to hear you did this for yourself! Bet your hair looks great!

Susan B.
  4. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

That is AWESOME
    We all need more "me" days and not to feel guilty when we do it.... You are an inspiration to us all.
    Big ole soft hugs
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I think way too many women do for everyone except themselves. I know I used to be guilty of that. When you make time for yourself you will feel better about life and yourself. You will not feel as harried.

Have a great time at the party. Just take it easy, sit whenever possible, and as someone else mentioned, pace yourself. Also, don't be afriad to leave early if it gets to be too much for you.

Barbara
  6. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

You all are such wonderful people here, gotta love everyone. I honestly do feel really good today just over this silly little me thing.
    SUSAN.. Do a me day and go to one of your parties girlfriend even if for only a little bit. It will make you feel better. Just go where there is shopping carts so you can lean. That is what I have to do. I don't know what the mall looks like anymore.
    Thank you for your encouragement and your support, especially on days when I truly need it. Here you never have to feel alone.
    Thanks again,
    Love
    Joannie